Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Several times a day, my Charge 2 does not sync and is not recognized by my app as it says it is not found. This has caused me to miss alarms and be late to appointments. How can I solve this problem? I have deleted and re-synced the device on numerous occasions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@NSWeber82, there are two different problems there - the tracker not syncing, and the tracker not receiving notifications - and, both of them are probably related to losing the Bluetooth connection.  Is there a Bluetooth conflict that can be eliminated?  Is WiFi on?  If so, try turning it off.  Does the phone have battery optimization enabled?  If so, have you exempted Fitbit from it?  In the app Device Settings, do you have Enable Notifications Widget turned on?  Do you have Always Connected enabled?

Best Answer

I have been searching here for a solution for my now two-week old FitBit Charge 2 not synching. I am not sure WHICH of the many ideas worked, but finally, and manually, it synched.  Before now, it was only synching ONE time each day.  I am disappointed, but will persevere and give it a few more days to see if synching improves. 

A co-worker three doors from my office has had so much luck (luck to me implies that the performance is inconsistent and not reliable--my word.  Features that WORK have little or nothing to do with LUCK.) with hers that I made the decision to purchase this one.  She has become SO motivated and I have become so frustrated.

Inconsistent synching and repeated frustration in Pennsylvania.

Stay tuned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has recently started doing the same thing. It will not sync with my android. I have turned off / on bluetooth, restarted my android, and disconnected/connected internet. Any suggestions??? Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information. My new car has bluetooth, and I think the issue is coming from when my phone connects to that bluetooth, it causes issues with the connection with the FitBit. If I turn off and on WiFi and Bluetooth, it seems to be working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had luck today by turning off and on both Bluetooth and WiFi. Hopefully that continues to solve the issue.

Best Answer

Thank you. Turning off/on bluetooth, wifi, and restarting android did the trick.

@NSWeber82 wrote:

I have had luck today by turning off and on both Bluetooth and WiFi. Hopefully that continues to solve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes