Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 5 Notifications/ Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed. Smiley MadThe best way to sum this up is that there is no constancy with the Alta notifications for Note 5 Android device. At first I was fine with just getting my notification that said New Message. Then some random update happened and now I was able to get my messages that showed the person’s name and part of what the message says. At this point I was super excited to know that the problem was fixed without me complaining about it and feeling like it is not always about the IphonesSmiley Very Happy and that Androids have a chance to be cool too.Smiley Tongue

Well that was short lived when yesterday I notice I was not getting any of my notifications on my Alta. So I tried everything according to everyone’s post on here. I deleted the App, I unpaired my device, I turn off my Bluetooth and turn it back on. I turned my phone off and even restarted the actual Alta device and finally after spending hours on this literally. It worked. I got my notifications back. Smiley Very Happy

Here’s the kicker after I got it back to showing the name and the text message. When I woke up this morning and receive a message from my mother. It did not go off on my notifications.Smiley Mad So I tried all the settings on the dashboard from my phone and Message+ was the setting that gave me everything. Now it don’t. Messages just vibrates and tells me New Message. My Verizon Mobile is just useless. I have no idea why it is there if when I select it, it does nothing. Oh and Hangouts does nothing as well.

So basically I am back to where I started in the beginning. Smiley IndifferentNot even getting the actual messages. The only feature that works on my device is Messages. I am truly upset and I do not have any more options it seems at this point. Is this an internal issue or what? Why is it working on and off? I really enjoy my Fitbit. I never had a problem until yesterday. It worked fine over the weekend. Please someone help. Smiley Sad

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Will Fitbit ever be compatible with the Note 5? from Verizon. It would be ashamed if it is never compatible especially with many Andriod users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I have the Galaxy Note 5 and use Hangouts, so may be able to help you out a bit.

First off, set Hangouts as your default text messaging app. To do this, do the following:

1. Open up Google Hangouts
  2. Click on "Settings"
  3. Click on "SMS"
  4. Select "Enable SMS"

Next, you need to open the Fitbit app for Android, and do the following:

1. Go to the menu and select "Devices"
  2. Select the Alta
  3. Click on "Call and Text Notifications"
  4. Click on "Text Notifications"
  5. Select "Hangouts" as the default text messaging app there too.

This should allow you to receive text notifications from Google Hangouts on your Fitbit Alta. Let me know if you get stuck in any of the steps above and I will be more than happy to clarify. Thank you!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
So does this mean I have to use Google Hangouts in general to send and
receive text messages? Or do I use my regular text message?

Johanna Casimir-Mahoney
Best Answer
0 Votes

NVM...I figured it out. Thanks!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- UPDATE: The Galaxy Note 5 is now listed as a supported device here. I recommend trying to sync again and/or following these troubleshooting tips if you continue to experience issues.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes