Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and it paired (at first) with both my fitbit Charge and fitbit Surge. Later I began having problems with Bluetooth connectivity to the point that my Note 5 will not even find my fitbits to be able to connect with...my fitbit watches are not even showing up on my Bluetooth setup. Fitbit is sending me a replacement Surge but I'm afraid that it might not be the problem. Please help...I need for my fitbit watches to work with my Note 5 once again. I don't care about the replacement, I care about being able to use it with my phone. Please help solve the Bluetooth issues with Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey @Javo78 nice to see you here on the Community! Smiley Happy Have tried to clear your Fitbit app browser cache?. I used to have a similar issue and once I clean the Fitbit app cache, it works. Smiley Very Happy So, the only thing you need to do is:

1. Log out from your Fitbit app and turn off the Bluetooth.

2. Go to your phone settings and try to find Fitbit app and tap it.

3. Hit on Clear Cache and after that hit on Clear data

4. Finally, restart your tracker, turn on the Bluetooth and log back into your Fitbit app and try to sync your tracker.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. My Charge will still not sync with my galaxy note 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to this thread @janedeck! Smiley Happy Let me know if you already tried the following:

1. Open the Fitbit App and log out
2. Turn off the Bluetooth and also your cellphone
3. Restart your tracker
4. Turn On your cellphone and also the Bluetooth
5. Finally, set up your tracker as a new Fitbit device

In addition, I found this thread "Tips to improve Charge HR syncing" with a similar issue. Please take a look on it, to see the latest updates.

Keep me posted!

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and it did not work - Very disappointed that the Surge doesn't pick up the phone calls on the Samsung Note 5, like my Fitbit Charge did.  What a waste of money -  This is an older phone, so why doesn't Fitbit have this syncing to this phone like the Charge did?

Best Answer

Mine still doesn't work, even after trying what they recommended - So disappointed that the Surge does not pick up the phone calls, like my Fitbit Charge did.  That worked just fine with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bismark thanks for join us! By any chance do you have disabled the "All day Sync" on your Fitbit app?, because that interferes in the connection with call and text notifications. However, if the issue persist try to Contact Costumer Support, they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My all day sync was off. Still no connection.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear that @Bismark Smiley Sad, please contact Costumer Support, they will be more than happy to help you. Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- UPDATE: The Galaxy Note 5 is now listed as a supported device here. I recommend trying to sync again and/or following these troubleshooting tips if you continue to experience issues.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes