Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

Have you heard anything from the developers on this issue yet?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too, have Note 10 plus and love my Versa 2 but also am looking forward
to having it work as it should.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No nothing 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just told me they are still working on it! Not very happy about it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thank for the info 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so mad about this . I put my Fitbit in its box I am returning it on
friday if it's not fixed.
DawnMarie
Best Answer
0 Votes
i have 3 of them and I have had them for awhile so can't return them
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest fitbit update on 20 jan has not helped at all! I have a brand new versa 2 and if it has synced notifications twice in the last week that is alot. No matter what i do it only syncs when i physically am in the app on the screen and click on sync. All the settings are correct it should be syncing automatically. Very very disappointing and frustrating!! I have tried everything from re setting the watch, uninstalling the app, to changin every possible setting. It is insane that there are millions of complaints about this but nothing seems to he done. I have a huawei mate 30 pro

Best Answer

I've had notification issues since updating to android 10 on Samsung S 10. First text notifications stopped coming to my versa 2 but call notifications still worked. Then I changed my default SMS app to Google messages, and text notifications work sometimes now, but I  do have to restart my phone at least a couple times a day in order to keep them coming, some times I have to restart my watch too. Additionally, when I set up Fitbit pay on my watch notifications stopped working all together. I had to uninstall the app and unpaired and go through set up of my watch again after deactivating my Fitbit pay in order to get it to work again. I've also noticed that my watch and phone are not syncing unless I do it manually even though i have the all day pairing mode turned on. An unrelated issue that I've had ever since getting my versa 2 up is that my spotify account does not stay signed in. I have to go and sign in through the Fitbit app every single time I want to use the spotify app on my watch. These are all issues that my friend with an iphone and a versa 2 is not experiencing... she loves her watch, but aside from the first couple of weeks mine has been a colossal headache.

Fitbit, you've got to fix these issues! If you can get these things working right quickly you'll redeem yourselves in my eyes.

Best Answer

Thank you! Got it figured out and so far it's working. Thsnks

Best Answer
What did you do?  I've done the steps they've asked me to many times and still have nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nikon7734....Hi! I downloaded Google Messeges and using as my default messages app. So far it's working. Receiving texts,  phone calls and reminders. Fingers crossed this continues to work.I love my veresa 2 again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tou shouldn't have to install a message app. It a pain. This should be fixed.

DawnMarie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Google Messenger.Eveything worked PERFECTLY BEFORE  the Android update. Now no notification. Call work's, alarme. She sync fine with heartbeat, sleep ect. But no notification for anything else, that I got before. I have the Versa 2. I expect they will fix it SOON because they will lost a lot of clients...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree with you. My hubby is getting messages on his S8+ but is only running Android 9.0. This really needs to be fixed. Another member of my family is running the Fitbit app on an iPad mini and everything is working for them, messages and emails! Please FIX THIS!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this has affected my charge 3. I can receive calls and reminders but not text messages. I've tried all the troubleshooting and checked my settings and still not working. Hoping you can sort it soon as a useful tools for a busy working mum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just upgraded to Samsung 10 and i cannot sync my edge 2 as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have huawei p30 pro and fitbit inspire hr. Phone message app is by default the Google app but still can't get notifications on the inspire. Tried all suggestions with no luck 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
And there still not fixing it
DawnMarie
Best Answer