Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

Same here with my charge 3 and s10e 

Best Answer
Thank you for adding. Hopefully, if enough people have the same issue, the
process of whatever has been changed or updated gets this fixed. It's a
wonderful feature of the product. I hate to switch products, but it has
become a necessary one.
Best Answer

I am also getting this issue with a Versa 2 on a Samsung Galaxy S10+. I was intermittently getting notifications for messages and FB messenger, and now I only get phone calls. I have tried clearing caches, turning things on and off, resetting blue tooth and resetting both the phone and watch.

Hopefully there is an update...

Best Answer

I had typed a "witty" response to you, but it went away.🤓 

I think we can finally say the opposite of the old break up line (it's not me...it's you).  😉  

We have all tried everything known to mankind and can't resolve it. Some of us have even done it repeatedly, while standing on our heads, and asleep.  Lol. It's time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I am so frustrated!! I start back to work tomorrow & depend on the Fitbit to show my notifications.  I have done everything--rebooted both, reinstalled app, unpaired & repaired!

Best Answer

I hear ya.  It seems like such a "minor issue" to some people.  My dad was just put on Hospice...when my phone rings, my heart drops.  I use the notifications to get calls and notifications from ONLY his phone...everyone else is just going to have to wait.  

Good luck and keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got a reply from Fitbit: Thank you for getting back to us.

Is our responsibility to inform you that this is an issue we've been having with notifications working on Android devices.

​We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. It is not your phone and not your watch, it is just the app. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Thank you my new friend. I received a similar notice the other day.

I am hopeful that they can figure it out quickly. I've seen similar cases
back as far as 2016. I'm assuming it can be fixed and will be...if even
for another 10 days. Computer programming can be wonderful, yet
frustrating...even an extra or improperly placed semicolon can make such a
difference. Lol.

Thank you again for sharing this with me! 😘
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kattyone, welcome to the Community Forums! My apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post, your effort and patience troubleshooting your device prior to posting are appreciated too. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Versa are correctly configured.

After verifying the above, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all these steps and it is getting all the notifications except for texts. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've received no notification from Fit Bit that they are working to resolve the issue.  I was very frustrated because when I chatted online with Fit Bit Support they told me that my phone was not 100% compatible, like it was my fault for getting a new phone and not checking to see if it was compatible.  If they knew this was an issue why not tell us and let us know that they are aware and are working to resolve it.  My issue started when I updated my Fit Bit (not my phone).  Did anyone else have this issue after they updated their Fit Bit.  My text message notifications were working until I updated my Fit Bit then they stopped.  

Best Answer

Samsung Galaxy S10+ here, just upgraded to Android 10 / One UI Version 2.0 a week or two ago. Text notifications were working very sporadically for a while and then totally stopped a couple days ago. Called tech support and went through 30+ minutes of troubleshooting with a decent tech support rep who seemed to really want to get this fixed. Obviously nothing worked and all my notification settings were already set correctly.

From this thread, it appears the issue has been happening for quite a while and still no acknowledgement from Fitbit? Really frustrating and disappointing!

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Samsung s10e and Versa 2.  I received the latest Android update this morning, and after that, I stopped receiving SMS notifications.  Other notifications seem to be working.  Very frustrating to hear that this has been a known issue for a while.

Best Answer
IF I updated it was not intentional.

Mine worked for just under 10 days and then suddenly stopped.

They responded to someone else today saying that they are aware of the
problem and that the problem is with the Fitbit app (not the phone, nor the
actual device).

I'm glad you responded. There are so many of us affected, I hope they do
fix it quickly OR tell us how to go back to the previous app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you wondering, Fitbit has never acknowledged this as being a real issue. I notice they still have the banner about iOS 13 compatibility issues but nothing about Android 10. 

I had issues almost immediately upon updating to Android 10. I have a Google Pixel purchased directly from Google (Verizon SIM) and I get OS updates almost the hour they are released by Google.

The Fit Notifications all (a third party app) has temporarily solves the issue, but each week that goes by without acknowledgement or a fix lowers the likelihood of my continuing with Fitbit in the future. (I did, in fact, buy a Fossil smart watch over Black Friday and sadly had to return it as the watch face was physically too large for my tiny wrists. Super maddening! Even more maddening, the band on this thing broke one day before the end of the one year warranty!! As usual.)

Best Answer

Wow just finished setting up my brand new fitbit versa 2, poked around some things and thought "hey this thing is pretty neat!" Get my wife to text me "hey let's see how this works" ... phone vibrates, watch sits there doing nothing. That's odd.

Search around, find troubleshooting steps, everything else seems to be fine (emails notify at least). So hm my current model android phone with current OS can't send notifications with my current model smartwatch? ..really? I could try a 3rd party app but considering the integrations w/ the default samsung app I don't know if that really gets me much further ahead.

Welp guess it's time to return this watch and look elsewhere..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought a fitbit versa 2 today and after setting it up I'm blown away my brand new smart watch can't receive text message notifications from my current gen current OS smartphone (s10 on android 10). Talk about a terrible first use experience. Hoping this gets fixed in the next few days or else I will just have to exchange for a device that can pull off this critical feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like we're all in the same boat (sinking).  Most of us have done everything short of totally wiping our phones clean in an attempt to solve the issue.  I may just go back to my first Fitbit (which only had lights), but even it vibrated when I received a text or phone call.  I know this Charge 3 was not inexpensive when my husband bought it for me...but my sanity has value too.  Thank you for adding to this conversation. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like we're all waiting for them to fix the app, they did say, it's not the watch and not the phone,  but the app. Hopefully they fix it soon! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get a TINY bit closer...I changed my default messaging system
to "Facebook Messenger" and now I get those messages AND my Fitbit vibrates
when I get a phone call, a Facebook messenger message, and an email.

I STILL don't get a vibration notification for an actual text message.

It is NOT ideal...not even close...if ANY of you have another workaround,
please let us know what works for you.

Sadly...this has become one of my new missions. Dang!
Best Answer
0 Votes