Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen many threads on this topic showing the problem is solved. It haven't been resolved. I just received my FB Ionic.  Every 8-10hrs I receive the error.  I've tried restarting my phone and the Ionic over a dozen times with no impact. I've cleared all app data and cached data but no impact. 

I read on a forum about uninstalling the app then immediately reinstalling.  Doing this resolves the problem every time.  I've now repeated this process 4 times in 48 hours.  While I appreciate the work around, this is frustrating and unacceptable.  This bug still exists and needs to be resolved. Can someone from FB respond with how I can solve this permanently rather than uninstall and reinstall each day?  As a software product manager myself,  I'm happy to jump on the phone with your product or support team to help troubleshoot.  I just want it fixed.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Jowade2. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know about your Ionic, as well for the troubleshooting steps that you've tried. I understand how you're feeling, and I'm sorry that you've had this experience. Since you've tried all the steps available, I'd like to further investigate this situation. May I know your phone's model and the Android version? Also, is the Fitbit app updated to the 3.1 version?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Phone: Huawei Mate SE
Android Version: 8.0
App version: 3.1
Ionic Firmware Version: 27.33.1.30

Thank you for reaching out. The symptoms have continued and are
reproducible. Everything works perfect for half a day, then notifications
stop working. I uninstall, reinstall, and everything works fine for a few
hours. Let me know if there's additional troubleshooting you'd like me to
assist with.
Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jowade2, it's good to see you again. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information, as well for trying to troubleshoot your device one more time. I've verified that your Huawei Mate SE phone isn't yet a fully supported device, and this should be the root of this situation. While your Ionic is able to sync, there isn't a guarantee that all the features will always work. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. While there isn't a time frame when it'll be added, our team will work on the Fitbit app so it can fully work on this device.

If you have another question, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I'd argue Fitbit had a large bug in your app. In reading the recent
reviews on the Google play store for the app, many show the same bug as
mine. This all started with the app update that occurred on our around
7/17. I'd ask if your team could look over to recent app reviews to
confirm the problem I'm facing isn't farther reaching? Is this something
you can do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jowade2, thanks for getting back. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Fitbit often reviews the Community to work the Fitbit app and our products based on your comments. While others are experiencing this situation, in your case, we can't assure the Fitbit App will be working flawlessly with this model. Our team will continue working hard to add as many devices as they can, and improve the Fitbit app functionality.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes