Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service still not running.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The following message appears all the time even though I have followed all the suggestions that I have found. It is a HUGE BUG that HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED. 

"Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications of your trucker".

It it frustrating!!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi Team, 

Still the fix is not working at all. I am using Redmi mobile and fibit surge, even i have the update version of fitbit app 2.78 i still have the issue.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/RESOLVED-06-16-2018-quot-Notification-service-not-runnin...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @lito1 and @Ram86_cm.

Thank you for letting us know that you are still experiencing this issue and that you have followed all steps you have found.

@Ram86_cm I have merged your thread as it seems to be the same situation.

In this case I'd recommend that we try to check if we have the latest version of the app. You can read about it by clicking here. Also, please let me know what phone is it that you are using.

In the meantime, please try to follow the steps listed in this article. If there are any steps in there that you have not tried, please give them a shot. 

I'd also like to ask what phone is that you are using, specifically.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Mix2S had this problem as well with both MIUI 9 and MIUI10 stable. My issue was finally resolved by turning off the MIUI battery saving option for fitbit. You can set it under settings -> Installed apps -> fitbit. Make sure all app and other permission is on and battery saver is off. Then restart the phone and the watch (versa in my case)

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for taking the time to try that and sharing the steps with everyone!

I'm sure that lots of other will definitely find it useful. I'll take it into consideration to suggest other users with similar phones.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Redmi note 4 .. I have 2 fitbit watches. Blaze and surge both having the same issue.

Best Answer

I have an Alta hr synced to Lg G6 and I'm not even receiving an error, my notifications just plain stopped working. Despite restarting phone, disabling and reenabling the notifications, restarting fitbit, completely unpairing the device and reconnecting, it still doesn't work.

Best Answer

Hello @Ram86_cm. Welcome to the Forums @GreenGoddess.

Thanks for sharing everything you tried before posting in here @GreenGoddess.

This seems to be happening because the LG G6 and the RedMi Note 4 are not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with those phones.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps for the notifications.

It is possible that some update on the app or the phone caused further optimization issues and that's why it suddenly stopped working. 

Maybe you could support this suggestion to add the LG G6 to the list, or create a new suggestion for the RedMi Note 2 in the Feature Suggestions board. That way other users could show their support by commenting or voting on the ideas. Be sure to read the FAQ if there are any questions on how that board works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the feedback. Is there any plan to fix this issue in redmi note 4 device ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ram86_cm.

At this moment we do not have any news on that front so it wouldn't be possible to tell. If we do have anything to share about that we'll be sure to post about it so that everyone can see.

If you do create the suggestion please share the link in here so that users can get to it and support it.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MIUI 9 and 10 has a setting called MIUI optimization. If you haven't tried it, try to turn it off and check if the notification works. It is a setting that controls memory and sync optimizations (+other settings) but sometimes doesn't play nice with other apps.

I had to turn it off to get fitbit notification and google sync working.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing that information. It sounds very interesting! Definitely worth looking into. I'm sure that some users will find it useful!

Feel free to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time, I'm sure that you will find a topic that piques your interest.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. it worked like a charm.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @DineshKrishna.

Thanks for letting us know that you found the steps to be helpful! Glad to read that it did work.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. There are a lot of different topics to talk about with other users, perhaps you will find something that interests you in there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this option suggested by you, but till no luck for me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!! It worked for my Mi 8!

Until this try I was angry because I was refreshing and restarting everything 10 times 😄 Almost gave up 😄 Thanks! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner and @ram86.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for trying the steps that have been suggested.

@ram86 As mentioned previously, this might be because the phone itself is not supported and thus we cannot guarantee the functionality. If you could, maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board so that other users can vote or comment on the idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Be sure to reach out if there is anything else I can help you out with.

Best Answer

Notifications are working but music control not (just play/pause button is wotking)

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Glad to know that notifications and play/pause button are working. Be sure to post about adding your phone to the list! That way other users can also show their support.

Feel free to let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. 

I only bought my Versa yesterday and I am using the Huawei P20 Pro. Everything is up to date and it is becoming very frustrating. 

Best Answer