Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate missing in exercise Walk app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On day 1 and day 3, when i used the Android exercise app for my walk, i got heart rate data that included my average heart rate and max heart rate, during my walk.

Since that time, i no longer get heart rate data in the exercise app for my walk.  

I am seeing a heart rate graph elsewhere, but not in the exercise app. I would really like to see the stats for my average and max heart rate during my walks. How do i make it work?

FWIW, the tracker is snug, two finger widths above my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Granmah, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all the details that were shared with me, your patience troubleshooting this situation before posting is appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using and which Fitbit device as well? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Is this occurring with all the activities you perform or only affecting Walk? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

New user as of February 24, 2019

Samsung Galaxy S7
Android 8.0
Fitbit  3.16
Mobile Track: yes (I don't know why/how I set this up as I don't use my phone without my tracker ... is it necessary?)

Fitbit Charge 3
Firmware Version: 28.20001.63.5
Heart Rate: On
Exercise > Walk : Use Phone GPS: On

Note: The Heart Rate data is being logged by the device throughout the day, including the walks, and is visible in other areas of the FitBit App on my phone. I do not know if it happens with other exercise options, as I do not use them.  

February 24, 2019:  The first time I experienced the issue with the heart rate data missing from the FitBit App for Exercise>Walk.  Since this is a new device, this was the first time I ever used the "Walk" feature.

The next time (February 29, 2019), it worked as expected.  The third time, again on February 29, 2019, the Heart Rate data did not appear under the Exercise>Walk details. I have logged Walks 7 times (since the first time) where the Heart Rate Data will not appear in the FitBit App on my Phone.

Note, the first few days, I was learning how to use my device and the app on my phone.  I apparently switched back and forth from initiating the Walk from the device on my arm and the app on my phone.

Yesterday, I confirmed that if I start the Walk from the FitBit App on my phone, the Heart Rate Data will be missing from the Exercise>Walk data.

However, if I start the Exercise>Walk from the Fitbit device, when I subsequently sync the phone and the device, the Heart Rate data DOES appear in the FitBit App on my phone for Exercise>Walk.

It is great to know that if I start the exercise from my FitBit Device, I can obtain the Heart Rate data in the FitBit App that I am looking for (specifically my average and max heart rate for that session.)

However, it is frustrating to discover that I have to start the exercise from the Fitbit Device on my arm, in order to later be able to view my average and max heart rate for my walks, on the FitBit app on my phone.  It is much easier to see and navigate my phone, than to use the device on my arm.

FWIW:  I had already seen multiple posts suggesting the trouble shooting steps 1-6 and did those before I started my walk yesterday.  Those steps did not resolve the problem.

Please note, that I have run across multiple posts going back as far as July 2019 that discuss this issue (Heart Rate data missing from Exercise activity reports on the FitBit App on the phone).  Apparently, it used to work just fine when initiating the activity through the FitBit App on the phone ... and it stopped working and has not been fixed since.

Best Answer
0 Votes