Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walking pace erroneously activate exercise app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Is there a way to tell Fitbit at what pace to get the exercise app going. I was walking at a 9'30" pace today and the exercise app kept kicking in thinking I was running. Then, the runs ended up on Strava.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @prenaud, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. To avoid the Fitbit to erroneously detect a Run or Walk activities, I suggest you to adjust your stride length settings. First, you can measure your stride length manually and then add it to your Fitbit account. How to measure it? Please follow the next steps:

1. Go to a place where you're sure of the distance, such as a track.
  2. Count your steps as you walk or run, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the distance traveled (in yards or meters) by the number of steps you took to determine your stride length. If needed, convert your stride length into inches or centimeters.

Then, please add your stride length in the Fitbit app following the next steps:

1. Tap the Today tab and tap your profile picture. 
  2. Tap Advanced Settings Stride Length.
  3. Adjust your stride length.

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be here if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @RicardoFitbit for the suggestion. I guess I could try it. This would work well when I go for brisk walks, but it would mess up the data for my every day walking, wouldn't it? Too bad we cannot select the minimum speed required to get the exercise app started. It seems that it would make more sense to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes