Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for text and calls..

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
OK so after taking 24hrs to set up my alta I now see I don't have the option of receiving text and call notifications. Typed in which phone I have and I'm supposed to have that option. I have a Samsung s6. I'm getting very frustrated with this fitbit already..
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @1981AJG, welcome aboard to our Community. Your post has been around and it caught my attention so let me share with you some ideas. Although I hope the issue has been sorted out by now.

If the issue persist on a daily basis please try the following steps:

1. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
  2. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure these settings aren't turned on. They prevent the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  3. Put your tracker within 20 feet (6 meters) of your mobile device for the rest of the setup process. Note that you'll only receive notifications on your tracker when your mobile device is within this radius.
  4. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile dashboard.
  5. Tap the your tracker tile a second time and turn on the Always Connected option to improve the Bluetooth connection between your phone and tracker. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your tracker to drain more quickly than normal.
  6. Tap Notifications, and choose the type of notification you want to set up. If you have an Alta, you can also choose whether you want to see the sender name or the sender name and the text message.
  7. Tap Enable Notifications and choose the app you want to receive notifications from. The app provided by your phone for calls, texts, and calendar events varies between mobile devices.
  8. If your mobile device has OS 5.0 or later, you may need to configure the default text messaging and calendar apps by tapping Settings > More > Default SMS app or Settings > More > Default calendar app.

Please also take a look at the following video for a better explanation to set up this feature: https://youtu.be/a_KGhoIOLDw

Keep me posted how it goes and I wish the best.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes