Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge sycning issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the surge at the latest firmware, linked to my Galaxy S-4. My normal routine is to leave the bluetooth off on my phone unless I am syncing or using a blutooth accessory. Once I sync I always turn the bluetooth back off (battery savings). I've noticed at least twice over the last couple of days that even though I have turned off bluetooth, the surge remains synced to the phone..Steps continue to record, and HR diplays. My laptop does not have the sync dongle installed. Is there any other way the surge may be communicating with my phone? Again, I go back into phone settings and bluetooth shows off. Wondering if it's a phone issue, or there is some secret wi-fi built into the surge. Thanks, Emujo

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community @Emujo! I hope you're doing great! 

Hmm this is pretty weird let me help you out, if you have the bluetooth off there's no other way that your tracker can sync with your mobile device it only will sync automatically if you have the all day sync turn on and off course the bluetooth has to be on, however let's try logging out the app, reboot your mobile device and log back in, keep an eye on it. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes