Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications on Huawei P Smart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently upgraded to the new Huawei P Smart 2019 phone which has Android 9 + EMUI 9.0 as the operating system.  I have my Fitbit Charge 3 paired with my phone's bluetooth and everything is working fine apart from the fact my notifications are not being received on my Fitbit.  The only way my notifications work is if I leave my Fitbit app open on my phone.  Can anyone help me sort this out as it is so annoying as I had no problems with my Huawei Nova phone.  Many thanks.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to my attention @amarobi74 I'm here to assist you and give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community.

Let me share with you that the Huawei P Smart 2019 is not a supported mobile device with our products and services, therefore, you may encounter difficulties with certain features such as your situation with the notifications. This usually occurs because the mobile device and the Fitbit have connectivity difficulties. Take in consideration that Fitbit is always working to test different mobile devices to add them to our compatible devices list. That said, in the meantime, I recommend you to use a compatible mobile device and let me know if your concern with the notifications persist.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to my attention @amarobi74 I'm here to assist you and give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community.

Let me share with you that the Huawei P Smart 2019 is not a supported mobile device with our products and services, therefore, you may encounter difficulties with certain features such as your situation with the notifications. This usually occurs because the mobile device and the Fitbit have connectivity difficulties. Take in consideration that Fitbit is always working to test different mobile devices to add them to our compatible devices list. That said, in the meantime, I recommend you to use a compatible mobile device and let me know if your concern with the notifications persist.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me on my query.  I will just leave it as it is as my phone is a new one and I cannot change it for a compatible one.  I will just have to leave the Fitbit app running in the back ground to allow all notifications to be sent from my phone to my Fitbit.

Do you know if this phone will ever be compatible with Fitbit in the future?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @amarobi74 thanks for your reply and update. My apologies for the delay in responding.

I totally understand that you're not able to change your phone at the moment, I'm sorry about that. Please note that Fitbit is always working and testing on new mobile devices to add them on our compatibility list. At this moment I'm unable to confirm you that this specific mobile device will be added, however, I suggest you to visit our compatible devices list periodically to see if the Huawei P Smart was added.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes