Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications on the Fitbit app not going away

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last time my Fitbit was able to display messages in the Messages screen  of the app was approximately January 9th.  Since that time I noticed I was still get phone notifications about messages and can quick-reply from my phone's notification screen, but none of the incoming messages appeared on my apps Messages screen.

I have tried the following: 

* toggling messaging features on and off through Fitbit.com.

* toggling messaging features on and off through the app.

* disconnecting my phone from my home wifi and reconnecting 

* turning off my phones bluetooth and then turning it back on again (it does find and pair with my blaze)

* clearing cache and data from the Fitbit app

* uninstalling/reinstalling the app

* rebooting Fitbit itself

* rebooting phone

* making sure both phone and apps are updated 

After reinstalling the Fitbit app the Messages screen went from only showing me old messages from early January and later to a blue-grey screen that says the line in the post title and no longer shows any historical messages.   

The phone is a galaxy s7 edge and the blaze was purchased in 2016.  

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @vejes , welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the notifications on your tracker first not disappearing and now not showing any. Thanks for all that you've tried for this. Now, I just want to confirm that this is only within the Notifications section of the Fitbit app.

If this is the case, currently, there is a bug causing notifications not to disappear from the notifications tab on the app. Our team is working to get this resolved and hopefully we can have a fix for this soon.

If this is not the case, please, feel free to provide as much details as possible and I'll be happy to take a look. Anything else, I'm here to help!

PS. Moved your post to the Android app board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FerdinandFitbit ,

The error I was having was not an issue of notifications not disappearing. The error I had was that messages that other users sent to me were not displaying (at all) in the app. I could not see new messages.

I had another user send me a message tonight, so I could try to demonstrate the issue. For better or worse, them sending me a message somehow corrected the issue. I am now able to see my messages screen again. The issue is corrected at this time, though I am unclear how to started. If it reappears I will come back to report on it. I have included a screenshot trying to show where the issue was.

Fitbit screenshot.jpg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I see. Thanks a lot for getting back and clarifying this for me @vejes !

I'm very happy to hear that all is working again. If you get to experience this problem again, feel free to let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes