Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrition data incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nutrition values are still wildly broken on the latest version, and a moderator just had the audacity to close all the topics claiming it's fixed. It's been broken for months, if not years, and you can't gaslight us into believing otherwise. But you can destroy your own brand.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Hi all,

Recently started logging my food consumption on the android app to monitor my iron levels; at first I thought I was smashing it! I then quickly realised the information in the nutrients sections is completely wrong. In the macronutrients tab it says I have had 98g carbs, 42g fat and 38g protein today, but in the nutrients tab it says I have had 7528g carbs, 3946g fat and 2273g protein! Think my heart would have exploded by now if I was really intaking 75219mg of sodium a day too. All the numbers are way bigger than they should be and contradict information found in the macronutrients section! I have seen threads on this before resolved by saying to uninstall and reinstall or update the app, but I have tried both of these, as well as resyncing, opening and closing the app and restarting my phone. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi user.22,

We've been complaining about this issue for 2 months, but Fitbit has offered us no solution and no timeline for the correction.  Restarting/reinstalling/clearing the cache/etc. doesn't work.  They've told us repeatedly that they're aware of the problem, but haven't fixed it yet. There's been a lot of frustration about this!

I'm not sure if it affects everyone universally, but once it's broken, it stays broken.  Sorry this isn't better news!  For most nutrients (calories, fat, carbs, protein, fiber, sodium), you can use the online dashboard instead of the app, but unfortunately, iron and sugar aren't included there.  You can go into each food item individually and click the 'nutrition facts' section to get the iron count, and add them all up manually.  It's a huge pain, but it works.

Hope that answers a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Superficies @user.22 

Best work around I found was to use the website on your phone or PC. I've added the link to my phones homescreen and just use that. 

https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log

Since the issue was reported in March or so, Fitbit has put out at least 2 or 3 updates, but to no avail. Now they just aren't responding at all, which a huge middle finger to us.

I was a HUGE fan of fitbit, but this recent nonsense with zero communication is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

It is not fixed in latest ver 3.63.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So whenever I enter my food into the fitbit app it will calculate the gross amount of carbs, fats and protiens but when I click nutrients the numbers are way off. Is anyone else having this problem or has seen it before?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! It's a total pain isn't it... Any idea where I can find iron content on the website version? Cheers!
Best Answer

Not that I can see. 😞

Why it's tracked in the app and not the site, I don't know. 

Id ask Fitbit to add iron counts to the website, but they apparently don't want to listen to us :P.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even after upgrades and restarts the nutrients data is STILL incorrect. I bought a fitbit so I can track my sodium, etc. intake, but the app is showing up to 10 times the actual intake amount. SO frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So... I guess Fitbit is just going to ignore this thread?

Moderators? Any word?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are they working on a fix? Never had this issue with the charge 3.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had luck with this feature? It is still wildly wrong for me after the app update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope!! Very dissapointing and I'm not a fan of the new charts.
Best Answer

@Cshu Right?! They won't even rotate anymore for a more detailed view.

To think I almost bought into premium when I got my new Versa 3.

Sad. Fitbit used to be such a good product... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, don't bother trying to email them...

Screenshot_20220802-191043_Gmail.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is sad and I'm glad that I, too, waited to join premium because I won't
now.
It should be an easy fix for them. Can't understand why they won't fix it
and instead waste time and resources on changing the charts.
Best Answer

I have version 3.64.5 of Fitbit installed on my phone (Pixel 6, Android version 12). My tracker is a Luxe (58.200001.151.16).

The app update (supposedly 3.63) did NOT fix the incorrect display of nutrients for me. As with others in this thread, my "macronutrient" display of high-level fat, protein, and carb quantities looks okay but the daily "nutrients" display with a more granular breakdown (which I used to and would like to continue to use to track saturated fat intake) shows wildly incorrect and high values for every category.

Best Answer

@SueBee8830 Interesting find. Thanks for sharing. I can try reconnecting my old Alta and see what happens, but I agree that it doesnt make much sense that the tracker would be an issue. Food logging has nothing to do with what my wearable is, so that is odd. 

With that said, rolling back from my new $300+ Versa back to my old dinged up Alta HR to get around this problem is not a really a ''fix'', though hopefully it'll help FitBit understand the problem better. 

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

I have also been having the same experience with nutrition values not calculating correctly.  Your post is dated June.  It's now August.  Seems like this issue should be corrected by now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is now 8/8/2022. Issue remains. How can the info be correct on the website, but not in the app? Shouldn't that be pulling the same info? How hard is this to fix that it has taken over 2 months and it is still not resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stupid me, paid for the year instead of by month. I'm stuck with this broken mess for at least 9 more months. They also refused me a refund when I asked to cancel. Stella's customer service 

Best Answer