Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrition data incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nutrition values are still wildly broken on the latest version, and a moderator just had the audacity to close all the topics claiming it's fixed. It's been broken for months, if not years, and you can't gaslight us into believing otherwise. But you can destroy your own brand.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92
Hmm here I thought you could cancel anytime.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hollytolo Sorry to hear that. You paid for a service and part of that service isn't being provided. Bad form.

@Cshu You can, but paying for the year only means the cancelation will only take effect on renewal. It's more like turning off the automatic renewal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joanie3 @netwolf7 , Thank you for your messages and feedback.  A solution was released with an app update, but it seems that only helped a number of users. Our team is aware of this and working on a solution for everybody. 

Please keep an eye open for any app update that might get available. 

Hope this gets solved soon. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
I can cancel a renewal that would occur next spring. They will not refund
my current year purchase.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! I did. Their answer was "it's policy not to refund digital
content" which is what they consider their premium membership. This is the
last Fitbit product I will ever purchase. They used to be so awesome.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this?  It's been nearly 3 weeks since we've heard from moderators.  It's been months!  Nearly half of my premium subscription has gone by without a fix for this.  Nutrition tracking was the sole reason I chose Fitbit over Garmin.

Best Answer

Nope. Had a call with support a few days ago.

Said were aware and to just go through the website. I mentioned before that the .com site on your PC or phone don't seem to be affected, so I guess they aren't in a rush to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems the previous threads on this topic have been closed as the issue was "fixed"...@LizzyFitbit reported in this thread that the problem is fixed, and now replies to that thread are no longer possible.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Nutrients-summary-shows-incorrect-data/td-p/5150173/page...

However my nutrients tracker summary is still completely wrong - apparently I am still consuming thousands of grams of Fibre, Sodium, Protein, etc. per day...

Best Answer

I have the most recent update for my FitBit app, but my nutrients are hilariously incorrect for the day. I've had 4g of fat today but my nutrients page says ive had 402g. I've had 86g of protein but according to the nutrients page, it's 3858g, not even close if this was a multiplication or decimal placement issue.

Version 3.64.5

Best Answer

I don't get it.  Google owns Fitbit.  Can't some tech person figure out why the nutrient data on the detail page is so messed up?  I do not have over 400 grams of protein daily.  It's been months now.  Fitbit, please fix this.

Best Answer

Is this still broken in 3.65?  I've not gotten the update yet, but am curious if they corrected this.  I've long run out of patience with Fitbit, but there's always hope, I guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the 3.65 update, and yes, this is still broken.

Can we PLEASE get an update from the moderators here?  They closed the prior threads and told us to stay tuned for updates, and that was a MONTH ago.  This is still a problem!

Best Answer

The macronutrients graph and the little nutrients link in the food log don't reflect actual inputs.  Was wondering if I'm looking at this wrong or if it's just broken.

Tried posting a screenshot but it says I don't have permission, so here's what I'm seeing.

When I go to the food log and scroll down to Today/Macronutrients, those numbers look like they're right.  When I click the nutrients link right below that, everything is wildly off and not reflecting of what was shown on the previous screen.

The Macronutrient graph at the top of the food log screen reflects what I see in the Nutrients link described above.

Anyone else have this issue?  Any way to fix?    Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, looks like this was started but closed last month from a mod. It's still not anywhere close to correct (android app, Samsung s21 ultra). 

For instance "macro nutrients" shows correct at 114g.

If I click to expand "nutrients" it says 1955. It's also not multiplying correctly across. For instance that's 17.149x my actual while my carbs (41g, 628g) is only 15.317 multiple.  So it's not messing up the numbers on the same interval. Yes I have the newest update. 

Best Answer

Ongoing issue...multiple other posts since May 22 update.  Still not fixed through multiple updates by Fitbit.

Best Answer

They don't care. I even called them and they said they were aware but have no info. 

Moderators don't answer here either, which is just a huge middle finger to the community. 

I'm just swearing off ever buying fit bit again and telling people to avoid 

Best Answer

I moved this post to the Android forum because the bug is on Android, not on the Internet site dashboard. 

It affects me too and I guess there is no actual intention to fix it. 

Best Answer

This has been an issue for me for months now. I've tried contacting support, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing cache, clearing data, sign out and in, restarting phone, updating firmware and android, etc...

There seems to be no solution other than, "we will fix it someday"

This is insane. Is this app even maintained? I have serious doubts... 

I've tried everything, except throwing my fitbit and premium sub in the trash.

Best Answer

The sodium is reading over seven times higher than it should, it doesn't match my actual sodium intake. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah.. this was a bug reintroduced in May in version 3.59 of the Android app (i don't know if you're on Android or IOs) - and only relates to the underlying display of macronutrients. On the global food tile summary, the macro gram amounts and % splits are correct, it's just when you hit 'nutrients' to drill down to look at the breakdown of everything is where the miscalculation happens (so the bugged values are also displayed on the macronutrients chart).

Values calculate just fine if you only log '1' of something (so 1 gram, 1 bar, 1 serving, 1 package etc) the bug that came back in happens where a food/drink has been set with a specific weight/volume, and the relevant nutritional info is present to match the weight/volume. 

The bug is that the app initially ignores the fact that you're logging, say 100g of pasta.... it sees the nutritional values as being for 1g, then multiplying that by the weight/volume of the serving - so in this case, it multiplies the 100g nutritional data by 100.

This isn't a Charge 4 problem, it's an issue with the app itself. There's a thread over on the Android board - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Nutrients-summary-shows-incorrect-data/m-p/5150173#M1559... which was started as soon as the issues with version 3.59 of the app were seen. 

I know that in this thread there were statements that this was going to be fixed/patched in the 3.63 release, but **ahem** wasn't... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes