Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old version of app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need help getting the last update back. I updated yesterday and now my alta won't sync at all. I did it once before went back to older version. Now I don't remember how. Ihave an lg phone. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It is not recommended by Fitbit to go back to an older version and there is no Fitbit-approved method of doing so.  I have seen posts of it being done using non-Fitbit websites and apps, but totally at your own risk.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

There are sites that save old versions but I agree with @JohnnyRow

Your app should be at v2.76, and as usual a restart of the phone should be done if things are not happening.

Have you restarted both your phone and Alta, and removed the Alta from the phones Bluetooth, do not remove from the Fitbit app.

If your looking for a list of steps to try, see my post here

I have a link to fitbits help docs on sync problems and have posted avlist of unconventional steps that often help. 

Another thing to try is to remove the Fitbit app and install a fresh copy, you will need to log in.

Best Answer

I don't know what happened when I posted this but it started working. Now I'm back to square one again. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reistalled. I have hooked the fitbit to the charger and did that reset by pushing the button (still not 100% sure how I know it worked). I have shut off the bluetooth and restarted it. Right now nothing is working. It will not sync. It doesn't actually even give me an error. It just will not update. I have had more issues with this thing not syncing. I'm so fed up with fit bit and their excuses.

Best Answer

See my post here for android troubleshooting tips @Rose413

Best Answer

Hey all, I have had the same problem with my brand new Fitbit Ionic. It would sync once when initially set up, and wouldn't sync again after that. However, I think I have FOUND THE SOLUTION!! (For android users, I have only tried this on my Motorola G4 Play)

Not sure why, but it seems that the new version of the app isn't properly installing the sync drivers, so this is what I did to fix it: (This is an unofficial and completely at your own risk method btw:)

1. Download an older version from this website (I recommend 3.10.1 or 3.11) - 

(I can't put the link, but it can be found by searching "fitbit old versions - android")

2. Copy it to your android device if you downloaded it on a computer etc. (I used the Android file transfer app found here - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/  Copy it somewhere you can find, like the downloads folder)

3. Find and install it. I used the "file manager" app to find it. When you go to install it, it will come up with a warning about installing apps not from the play store. You will need to turn this off (Hence the "at your own risk" part)

4. Log in and test to see if it will sync. It did immediately for me.

(Optional) 5. If you would like the latest Fitbit app you may now go to the google play store and press update from there. For me it seems to be working fine with the newest update, I just had to do the previous steps to get the old version to install the drivers properly 🙂

Side notes:

- Not sure if this matters, but I had the Fitbit already set up in my account before doing this, it just wouldn't connect to my phone

- I cannot guarantee the security of the website used to download the older version of the Fitbit app, so it's completely at your own risk if you decide to do this.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask any questions and share this method around the internet

Best Answer
0 Votes