Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options to go back to the old dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have lost the option to go back to the old dash. I hate the new tiles. Don't want to get used to it. Don't like it. I kept switchi g back and now the option 8s gone. Is there any trick to get it back???!!!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, @henpen10, I am afraid there is no way to return to the old dashboard now.

I appreciate that you don't want to get used to it, but hopefully after a while you will find that you can get on with it.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have issues with my blaze to sync with my Samsung galaxy 7 and now don't
like the tiles.... I am thinking of not getting use to it but changing
product. This is did because I have always loved fitbit. My nlhubby has an
apple phone this user's seem to have no issues. He may be acquiring my
blaze in the not too distant future. I'm sure there are more people than
me that hate this change. What were they thinking. Feeling very
disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @henpen10. Great to see you in the Forums!

As @Julia_G mentioned, at the moment, there's no way to go back to the old dashboard. While it seems to be not very pleasant for some users as in your situation, I think this happens with everything that changes. It takes a while to get used to new things but with time, I'm sure you will get used to it and you will feel comfortable using the options on the new dashboard.

Anything else you may need help with, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Nope still using it but no I don't think I will grow to like it. To me
this is intrinsically a user preference issue. I am an android user. I
don't like apple - 2 of my kids do and generally I don't like tiles. I
appreciate your optimism but i just don't like how the top row is so big
and not changable. I geniunely like seeing a bigger snapshot what is going
on when
exercising and trying to push and stay in the peak zone. I have had huge
issues with syncing it is annoying. For some reason my samsung tab sync
better than my s7. Go digure. First world problems hey!
Best Answer

You got used to the old dashboard,  this is the one that many said they will not like and to bring back the old version. I know the current is at lest the 3rd public version.

Just saying. .

Best Answer

Yes, I hate new dashboard too. The old one was way more user friendly. My if fit bit stocks drop enough they will honor majority of customers wishes

I love my blaze,but there is a lot of competition,choices out there.

Best Answer

Please bring back the old dashboard.

Best Answer

What is it that you found so use full in the old dashboard and what improvements would you like to see in the new

I found the old far from user friendly

Had to scroll to see stats I wanted to see  

Each platform(6 platefirms) had their own way of navagation. 

The progress bars look like they came out of the Apple II computer.. Not very conducive to a quick view. 

The daily stats numbers to small to read. 

Without icons to identify the corresponding graph, it was hard to identify what the stat was representing. 

While I had the choice I did try the old dashboard several tomes, I found it way to stressfull. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the new layout extremely far from user friendly.

In the new layout cannot choose what parameters I want to display in the upper pane. Out of the five pre-defined tiles in the upper pane, three are totally useless for me. However, even when I was hiding the irrelevant three tiles, this was leaving too much blank real estate on the screen. The white background made it also very stressful for my eyes. Also I had to scroll down every time when I wanted to see the stats I was interested in, in the lower pane.

The progress bars looked very friendly to me. They were very easy to read, and I could re-arrange their order in the old layout so I might take all relevant stats in one glance, without the need to scroll down. 

The old dashboard was showing me historical data for the earlier days for all stats, not only for the upper pane.

Also, in the old layout, I was able to swipe through the days instead of clicking teeny weeny arrows. Swipe is a basic function, removing it in the new layout was ludicrous.

In the old layout, the daily stats numbers were just right for my screen. On the contrary, in the new layout the numbers under the circles are too tiny.

The icons at the start of each graph were of the right size, and I had zero problems with identifying each bar in the old layout. 

I did try the new dashboard for several weeks, but in the end it was too stressful, too inconvenient, too illogical, and I reverted to the old dashboard without any intention to ever see the new layout again.

Best Answer

At first the new dashbord was available and I'm still boggled by why it was removed. 

Best Answer

Hey there @henpen10, @Derd, and @Elena_Iv.! Like @Julia_G, @FerdinandFitbit, and @Rich_Laue said, at the moment this is known by our engineering team. You can join or follow this discussion for more information. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to get you back on track soon.

In an effort to tidy up the forums, I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, but please do join us here for updates on the New Android Dashboard.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer