Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing other information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit has recently been receiving text messages and phone calls from people near me. For example at work my co worker has a fit bit and sometimes text messages to their phone which is synced to their Fitbit come to mine. And my info to theirs. We have never paired anything before and I am afraid my information will be sent to anyone near me with a Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @LindsayDafir. What a problem! Sorry you're experiencing this. I had a similar problem when I gave my daughter one of my older Fitbit devices. If she was near me, she got my texts and call notices instead of me. Not good. I realize your device has never been paired to theirs, but I still think it may be worth your while to follow these steps.

1. Open your phone's Bluetooth setting and tell it to "forget" your Fitbit device. 

2. Open your phone's Fitbit app and remove your Fitbit device.

Now here is the tricky part. 

- Go to a separate room where there are NO OTHER bluetooth devices. This is critical. No wireless speakers. No Fitbits. Nothing bluetooth.

- Bringing your Fitbit device into the room and add your device. Follow directions when it tells you to pair your device. 

- While in that room, have a friend or family member call you a couple times and send you a couple messages. Make sure they all come thru to your Fitbit.

Now you are ready to test it at work. Ask your friends to verify that they do not have any "extra" Fitbit devices paired to their phones. It should be fine but have a third person send a couple messages or make a couple calls to your various phones to make sure everything is going where it should. 

Please let us know how it all works out.

Best Answer
0 Votes