Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing not possible - Fitbit Android App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't pair my fitbit Versa with my Galaxy S10. I keep getting the message "App is needed to use this device"

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JohnnyRow Thanks for your help. 

@Joejokos Nice to see you again in the forums. Please note that it is not possible to manually pair a device over the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone. You need to open the Fitbit app in order to get the Fitbit device connected to your Samsung Galaxy S10. 

Here you find the instructions for this procedure: How do I set up my Fitbit device?. However, according to your other community entry, you were able to get the Fitbit device connected with your smartphone. 

I wish you a lot of fun with Fitbit. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Are you trying to pair it manually yourself?  If so, just go through 'Add a Device' in the app and let that take care of pairing it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thank you. I'll give that a try.
Best Answer

@JohnnyRow Thanks for your help. 

@Joejokos Nice to see you again in the forums. Please note that it is not possible to manually pair a device over the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone. You need to open the Fitbit app in order to get the Fitbit device connected to your Samsung Galaxy S10. 

Here you find the instructions for this procedure: How do I set up my Fitbit device?. However, according to your other community entry, you were able to get the Fitbit device connected with your smartphone. 

I wish you a lot of fun with Fitbit. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes