Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent notification: "Fitbit lost access to status bar" PLUS No Notifications working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been watching these related posts but none has resolved my issue.

I have an Iconic, which I am lucky if I can get to sync once a day without having to reboot both the device and my phone.

Now, I get the above message consistently.

I have removed / reinstalled (including the new release).

Straight after the reinstall, if I hit the "send a test message", I might receive it a good 10 seconds later (or not at all).

Within minutes of the reinstall - all notifications stop, all sync stops, persistent message starts.

I have had every version of fitbit released, but the iconic will be my last.

I am now evaluating alternatives - suggestions welcome - Android Call/Message notifications essential.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @morgyn,

Are you running version 2.69 of the Android app? It was recently released, and from the sticky thread above, apparently fixes this issue.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have .. I did mention that above, but not the specific release .. sorry.

Made things worse if that is possible, now i can't even send a test message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really sorry to heart that. Unfortunately, that's all I know about it. 😞

Would you mind double-checking that you are on 2.69? In the Help section of the settings?

I am on 2.68, and 2.69 is not available for me yet on Google Play, so it seemed good to ask.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not your fault @WavyDavey 🙂

Up until recently it has been annoying but not the end of the world.

This week I commenced a new position where all mobile phone have to be on silent, and I don't have a desk phone, so the reliance on the notifications is critical.

At A$499 I would have thought that the Iconic would have been tested and worth the $$$, but it in't.

So I have just ordered a Huawei Watch 2 (4G LTE) to replace it (more feature, less $$) and hopefully more stable.

Cheers

Morgyn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - confirmed 2.69

Best Answer
0 Votes

The image below has been taken directly from google Play for the FitBit App .. interesting that the Iconic is not listed as a valid device ???

Maybe this is why mu Iconic doesn't sync ??? :-)Maybe this is why mu Iconic doesn't sync ??? 🙂

I really couldn't care less if the notification showed or not .. all I care about is the Sync and Notifications working. Without these the device is useless to me.  Right now - that is what I have a useless, very expensive device.

Cheers Morgyn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no resolution.

I have even re-removed and re-reinstalled the App to ensure that I have the newest version.. and yes the notification about the status bar has gone.

However, it still does not stay connected for more than 2 minutes before telling me to restart my phone. STILL no notifications

STILL no steady connections

STILL an expensive unusable device

(Although the Huawei Watch 2 worked straight out of the box - wonderful features and I get all my notifications as required and I paid less for it)

Cheers

Morgyn

Best Answer