Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch doesn't think I sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Pixel Watch, got the FitBit Premium, tried out the sleep tracking. Automatic sleep detection appears to be completely defunct; I have to tell the app about my sleep time, and it doesn't pay any attention to the watch being in Bedtime Mode. Of four nights of attempted sleep tracking, on only one of them does FitBit think I fell asleep at all. It can tell when I got out of bed at one point, so it's clearly getting some data. I have tried both normal and sensitive modes. Is there a way to send the data to the dev team so they can refine their sleep tracking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mithriltabby and @LokeAa Nice to see you around, thanks for adding this helpful information. Hi there, @DueyV. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for trying different workarounds to solve this situation. Please keep your phone and Fitbit app on your watch updated. Since this has helped other users with similar issues. 

To confirm that the Fitbit app on your watch is up-to-date:

1. Press the crown, swipe up to the Play Store app, and tap the app to open it.
  2. Swipe up and tap Manage apps.
  3. Update all. (To check for system updates, see Check for updates.)

Note: recently we released Android Fitbit app 3.69. You can make sure to check that detail as well.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @mithriltabby. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Google Pixel Watch before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Can you please confirm on what date your device tracked your sleep automatically?

In the mean time, I recommend checking the following information since this avoid getting sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages? If this doesn't help, please restart your device and give it try again tonight.

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The one day on which it successfully tracked my sleep was Monday morning. Last night, with my Pixel Watch as far up my arm as it would go (so a couple inches up from the wrist) and normal app sensitivity, it still doesn't think I slept at all. ("433 min to fall asleep") I used Begin Sleep Now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mithriltabby Thank you for confirming this information. Sorry to hear you're still not getting your sleep details. Please restart your device and avoid using the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app, instead just simply wear your device to bed tonight. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That does get better sleep data, though it takes curiously long to get the analysis and even longer to be able to edit it. It does take a guess at when I went to sleep, but it doesn't seem to notice when I set the watch to Bedtime Mode, and it can drastically underestimate the time at which I went to bed, requiring editing it later (and trying to remember the time at which I set the watch to Bedtime Mode, since the obvious "tell the device I'm going to sleep" mechanism appears to be contraindicated). Is there an open bug for the "doesn't gather sleep information properly when you explicitly tell the app when you went to bed and woke up" problem, and can I get notified when it's fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have Pixel, but I think my experience with Sense, and Sense2 is similar. I had to experiment a lot with howto wear with my first Sense before I got sleep data.10 days ago I bought Sense2, and and I had to experiment again, I got my first data lastnight. @YojanaFitbit , which sleeping positions are you referring to, I mean we have a HR in all sleeping positions. Also secure, but not to tight is up for discussion. It can't track your sleep if any light slips in between your watch and your skin as it will interfere with the led  light tracking HR...

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep numbers get considerably better when I adjust the start and end times for accuracy; FitBit underestimates when I go to sleep and overestimates when I get up. It'd be nice if I didn't have to wait for hours to have the opportunity to tell the app when i got into and out of bed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracking worked great for over a week. Now I only get basic sleep info, none of the detailed information I was getting. I've confirmed all apps are updated and always have more than 50% charge are bedtime. I've tried syncing the app and the watch and I've restarted the watch. Hoping this can be restored to the way it was

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mithriltabby and @LokeAa Nice to see you around, thanks for adding this helpful information. Hi there, @DueyV. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for trying different workarounds to solve this situation. Please keep your phone and Fitbit app on your watch updated. Since this has helped other users with similar issues. 

To confirm that the Fitbit app on your watch is up-to-date:

1. Press the crown, swipe up to the Play Store app, and tap the app to open it.
  2. Swipe up and tap Manage apps.
  3. Update all. (To check for system updates, see Check for updates.)

Note: recently we released Android Fitbit app 3.69. You can make sure to check that detail as well.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mithriltabby,

I decided to add a 3rd party app called "Sleep as Android". I have found it easy to use, versatile, and it provides a lot of sleep data.

Best regards,

kirKauai 

Best Answer
0 Votes