Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A20 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will you be addig the A20 to the list of compatible phones?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KelAirlie, welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your question. While I currently don't have information when the Samsung Galaxy A20 phone will be added to our supported devices list, our team keeps testing other devices, and they'll also update the list as soon as they're confirmed to fully work with the Fitbit app.

If you have any other question let me know.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

Hi @KelAirlie, welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your question. While I currently don't have information when the Samsung Galaxy A20 phone will be added to our supported devices list, our team keeps testing other devices, and they'll also update the list as soon as they're confirmed to fully work with the Fitbit app.

If you have any other question let me know.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I was loving my fitbit and now it seems a bit of a waste, so hopefully the new list will come out soon as I think these phones will be very popular.

Thanks again

Best Answer

Hi @KelAirlie. It's great to see you again.

You're welcome, and thanks for getting back. I understand how you're feeling, and I'm sure our team will keep working on the Fitbit app so it can work on other devices. Let me invite you to our Discussion Board where you can make new friends, create topics and share your experience while reaching your goals.

Catch you later!

Best Answer

So is it my understanding that the Samsung a20 is not compatible with my Fitbit charge 2

Best Answer

Hi @Robynbird81, welcome on board. It's nice to see you here.

Regarding to your question, the Samsung Galaxy A20 isn't compatible with the Fitbit app, and for this reason your Charge 2 may not work correctly with it. I'd recommend to use a supported device so all its features, including syncing and notifications, will work correctly.

If you have another question, let me know. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Yeah not really helpful, when I've already bought a A20.
Best Answer

That's great I already purchased the Samsung A20 I didn't realize it wasn't compatible with my charge2 and being a low income family I can't just go out and buy a new phone or Fitbit. Now are all the fitbits not compatible with a20 or just the charge2

Best Answer

Hi @KelAirlie and @Robynbird81. It's great to have you here.

Thanks for getting back, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Let me clarify that the issue isn't with your Fitbit device, it's the Fitbit app the one that hasn't been fully tested to work with your phone's model. While you can try to sync your Fitbit devices with your phones, we cannot assured that Fitbit app will always allow you to sync or use other features. Our team will keep working to add more devices to our list, and be sure that your comments will not gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
I'm still having problems syncing my phone when I try to pair it it keeps
saying that it couldn't and to check device settings and try again,which I
have done.Im at a loss here I've tried everything that they have suggested
.I've even tried going onto the Fitbit site on the computer and removed my
device but now it won't let me set it back up and somehow my Fitbit is
still keeping time and I can use it as a pedometer.I don't know what else
to do!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Robynbird81, thanks for getting back and I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I appreciate your efforts while trying to sync your Charge 2 with your phone. As mentioned before, the Fitbit app hasn't been fully optimized to work with your Samsung Galaxy A20. For this reason I'd recommend to try syncing with a supported device or a computer with Bluetooth connection. This way you can setup your device and update your information.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

I do sleeping apnea and my daughter too. I used fitbit to follow our sleeping phases with my iPonn. I had to buy a new phone. I have now a A20, my daughter too and I can't anymore follow my sleeping phases. As I understand, the solution is to buy a new device. A20 exists since March 2019, and A20 is still not compatible with fitbit??????? Believe me, if A20 is not compatible within the next month, you can be sure we will change our devices, but it won't be our phones but our electronic coaches....

Best Answer

Hi @edfou. Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing that you have the Samsung Galaxy A20. I understand how important is to get all the features working correctly. Although this phone was released this year, our team hasn't completed the tests on this model to ensure its full functionality with the features. Our team will keep working to add many other models to the supported devices list.

About your other inquiry, let me share that the sleep stages are generated by the main Fitbit device and not the phone. Please make sure to sleep more than 3 hours to get detailed sleep data. Also, check if your Fitbit device is recording your heart rate. If not, I'd recommend to restart it.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I know that the sleep stages are generated by the main Fitbit device, but how can I follow it with my Samsung Galaxy A20 app if my fitbit doesn't sync with? I have to buy a new phone or buy a new electronic coach.

Best Answer

Very disappointed  - I have had my new Samsung A20 for a few weeks, all worked fine, now I cannot sync my Fitbit Charge 2 at all so only have my on wrist stats.  Helpline checked it all out and decided it is because the phone is not yet fully tested.  I didn't realise I needed to check that out before my purchase, and I believe that no Fitbits are guaranteed to sync properly until a model has been fully tested.  Please start working on this one as I love my Fitbit and can now not use it fully for the foreseeable future.

Best Answer

Me too, really cross!

Best Answer

Do you know when Fitbit will be compatible with Samsung A20?

Best Answer
No idea - it's a new android phone (this year) so not anytime soon 😟. I
wonder if all iPhones work with Fitbit?
Best Answer

Android is always second fiddle as far as fitbit is concerned. 

Best Answer

Hi can you give an update on the Galaxy a20 compatibility with my fitbit charge 2.

Best Answer