Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A20 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will you be addig the A20 to the list of compatible phones?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

Yes it's a real nuisance, I try every so often to sync my fitbit to my new phone, but it is still not working.  I will attempt to access my stats from the desktop but it's far from ideal. 😤

Best Answer

Hi all.
Trying an earlier version (2.x) of the app might help you:
Instructions here:

Google "Fitbit app 2.90 mirror" (without the quotes) and install that version. Before that, make sure you have gone into Android settings -> Apps. There, find the app and delete Cache / Data and then uninstall. Reboot your phone and install the 2.90 version.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Text-Msgs-only-show-Sender-s-name/m-p/3822972#M117539

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for continue participating in this thread. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I understand how you may be feeling about the Samsung Galaxy A20 not being yet compatible with the Fitbit app. Our team keeps working hard to add more devices to our official list, and I'm sure your comments won't be taken for granted as every feedback posted in the Community helps us to enhance our products functionality and services. While I don't have a time frame when it'll be a compatible device, please continue adding your votes to this request posted in the Feature Suggestions board.

Feel free to reply back if you have another question.

Best Answer

I too have the a20 and I'm unable to sync my Fitbit. This definitely does not please me. I will probably no longer use my Fitbit and I will search for another exercise device.

Best Answer

Hi Jwool

very annoying isn't it .I purchased the Galaxy fit the basic one as a stop gap £35 and am very impressed and sorry i didn't go for the  slightly more expensive one £85 from Argos. Don't think i will go back to my Fitbit now  i like the Galaxy better .  

Best Answer
Sent from my Metro By T-Mobile 4G LTE Android Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you kidding me? I just bought the A20 and a new Versa 2. I can't believe that cheap trackers will sync but a Fitbit, and an expensive one at that, doesn't. If this won't sync, what good is it? I will be returning the Fitbit and stick with my $20 tracker. What a shame.

Best Answer

I complained several days ago about my Fitbit not syncing with my Galaxy A 20. It is now working and sinking on its own! I hope the rest of you that have been having trouble well soon have your problem resolved.

Best Answer

Hi @Jwool65 and @Geosonly, welcome to the Forums. @Martyncc, it's good to see you here. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your thoughts about not having the Samsung Galaxy A20 phone in the official list. Let me share that as with any other app, our team optimizes the Fitbit app to work with different models so we can ensure a full functionality. However, if this hasn't been completed on a phone's model, while you can install the Fitbit app, sync and even get notifications, there isn't a guarantee that it'll always work. This is the reason why we suggest to use a compatible device. I understand your point of view about this situation and please know that our team keeps adding more devices in that list based on the feedback posted in the Community.

If you've not done so, please try the troubleshooting steps described in this help article to try syncing your Fitbit with your phone. Also, please take a look to this suggestion posted above and add your vote. This way our team can continue tracking this request, and you can also see updates when this phone is added to our list.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
Do you get your text messages on it also?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Texts not shown on my charge 2 but I receive a notification that there is a new message awaiting on the phone.  However today the phone does seem to be syncing ok, so if it does it again tomorrow, I'll consider it fixed.  Will post again to update

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I initially got texts on my Fitbit when I first got the a20 but no syncing of my steps. Now that the Fitbit is syncing, I'm not getting text messages.🤔Sent from my Metro By T-Mobile 4G LTE Android Device
Best Answer

No, this doesn't help. As I said before, cheap trackers seem to have their stuff together. I can't believe that a company like you can't figure this out. I can't seem to wrap my head around this. Looking at your forum, there looks to be ample others with this same problem. Maybe you should hire a new technical team. I wasted a lot of time and money on this Vista 2 and it now is worthless. Your company would rather lose a patron rather than figure out a remedy. Shameful!

Best Answer
Mine is working woohoo. Reinstalled and texts, emails everything coming
through
Best Answer

well give us more details .what phone do you have and how did you get it to work?

Best Answer

At the moment my A20 phone and Fitbit Charge 2 appear to be communicating, I reinstalled the app again this week so that maybe made the difference. I'll post again if it starts failing but I am hopeful.

Best Answer
I have the A20 and versa. I read or worked for someone else. So I went
into the app on my phone, added device, it said you already have a versa
attached, I said add new. Went through the whole download process again
and now I have full service working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

we are still having no luck with reinstalling the app. have you any more details how you got it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the suggestion made to reinstall the app and add my alta as a
new device and since then I have been receiving notifications on the fitbit
although the app itself doesn't always seem to respond - I am a little
happier as I have made 2 significant purchases and to find such
difficulties in getting them to work together is disappointing
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only did the update sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes