Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A20 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will you be addig the A20 to the list of compatible phones?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

I have a Galaxy A20.  I took the app off my phone, turned it off and on again!  Then I reinstalled the app from the Google App store and re connected the bluetooth with my Fitbit Charge 2 and it seems to be working fine.  I am not trying for all day sync, just checking my stats once a day. Good luck

Best Answer

Still no luck it finds the device and sends a code to enter and the it says device not found try again and again .thanks for replying Martyn 

Best Answer

sounds like bluetooth is an issue.  Turn off the phone and make sure no other fitbits in the vicinity.  Is your bluetooth from your phone working with anything else ie car audio? Check your bluetooth on the phone is enabled. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had thought mine was finally working as I reloaded the app and synced it fine everything was tracking nicely, only to find that two days later it isn't working properly again, so frustrating.  12/11/19

Best Answer

Hi Forum, I am yet another previously satisfied customer with fitbit that is incredibly upset with the compatibility issues between fitbit & the Galaxy A20. I had a flex 2 that worked perfectly with my Sony Xperia phone for 2.5 years. Having had to change to the Galaxy A20 in a hurry because of an international trip, it took a few months to get my old Flex 2 working with the A20. This was facilitated by updates to the app over time. By this time, the battery life of the Flex 2 had dropped to a couple of days. Ok, so I went and purchased an Alta HR. The blue tooth could see the Alta HR fitbit, but not sync with it. Tried this with a second Alta HR, no luck. So I contacted Fitbit (in the Phillipines for me in Australia) and describe the problem. They have responded by sending another Flex 2 (no longer available in my country).

Now the new replacement Flex 2 won't sync with my phone??! What is going on? I am really reaching my wits end with fitbit and my A20 phone! It seems like this issue still has not been fixed by fitbit after many months, judging by the messages on this forum!! I would be quite happy to just have a basic minimalist fitness tracker that will work with my phone......

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an A20 and didn't even think about the compatibility issues it may have when I got the phone, since it is Samsung and Android. I do have it Synced and I can log my food through the APP. The issue I have is that I don't receive Text Notifications and Call's. Which I used both of those a lot because I have to have the sound off on my phone most of the time. It will be nice when you all of this Fully Compatible.

Best Answer

Being samsung a20 a very popular device, it is unbelive Fitbit dont fix app to support it.

I inderatand this device runs android under samsung's Knox securty framework... but what about others apps that run seamless in the A20?

Thumbs down fitbit...

Best Answer

Well, after the latest round of updates, neither my old flex 2, or the new flex 2 provided to replace it, work. So, if fitbit doesn't want to make its devices compatible with the A20, I am going to abandon fitbit! Simple as that! I am actually looking at going back to a manual pedometer at the moment. I might actually go to a fitness device specifically made to work with Galaxy phones, such as the Galaxy fit. I recommend that other users with unsatisfactory experiences look at something similar.

Best Answer
I have the a20 and I get my notifications on my versa 2
Best Answer

I just bought the new Versa 2 and am so sad to know it doesn't connect to my galaxy A20... I may be returning my fitbit.  

Best Answer

You get your notifications on A20? How I've been trying for days.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so bummed. I just bought the versa 2 and halve the A20.. I'm almost in tears this is why I wanted it 

Best Answer

Yep, join the club. We have been waiting on an update fix, but as fitbit clearly can't be bothered with Samsung Android users, I/we are off elsewhere. Good luck!

Best Answer

Got mine to work a while ago and it's continued to work, messages and calls.  I just took everything off my phone and reinstalled from scratch.  I have a versa

Best Answer

What did u do to get them to sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Show did u get it to work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the HR2 and the A20. I uninstalled my Fitbit App and then reinstalled it on my phone hoping this would fix the problem. I still do not receive Text messages or Phone call ID on my fitbit as I used to when I had an older S series. I am sure it is because the A20 is a cheaper version of the S series, but being forced to buy a very expensive phone for this simple feature is very frustrating. I won't be buying a new phone or a New Fit Bit anytime soon, so I suppose I will just deal with it not working. It does sync to my phone with steps and activity, but that is all.

Best Answer

Hi , did it work? I'm getting ready to buy that phone but want to make sure it sync's!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps and workouts sync, but he messaging and call notifications don't work. They worked with my 7s when I had that, but I broke it. So I got the A20, not realizing all of the sync. functions wouldn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that info! I won't be buying that phone.. I've always been an Android user. I might switch to an iPhone. I currently have a j3 emerge..

Best Answer
0 Votes