Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch heart rate doesn't sync on Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've updated everything on my watch and on my phone. The problem is that ONLY heart rate refuses to show up in fitbit. It is being tracked properly on my watch - I can see it both live and in the fitbit HR tile. 

All other health data works fine - like steps, that syncs perfectly fine to the fitbit app.

For reference:
-I am a prior fitbit sense user -> migrated over to pixel watch
-I was already a fitbit premium user
-My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

I have to imagine it's a software bug and not a problem with the HR sensor or tracking my HR because - once again, it IS tracking it correctly. 

Would appreciate any advice or assistance on this, thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject
Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Also having this issue, all other data is synching. Heart rate data synched for a day and a half but then hasn't updated at all for the last 4 days. All devices and apps are updated, cleared the Fitbit app cache/data on my phone and unpaired/re-paired the watch and still no heart rate data. Also using a pixel watch but with a pixel 7 pro phone.

Best Answer

@als.aire @LesbianRedPanda  hello, the Fitbit app on my smartphone only shows my resting heart rate. But if you click on the tile, everything is recorded and correct. How about you?

Best Answer

Hi there, @als.aire and @LesbianRedPanda. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for reporting this inconvenience with your Pixel Watch. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

@AGRASSE Thanks for adding your suggestion, I'm glad to know you're able to see all your stats on the Fitbit app.

In order to investigate this, I'd like to confirm this information with you:

• Please check if the Fitbit app and phone is running the latest version. Visit the Google Play Store here
  • Can you please attach an image of the Fitbit app? Where it should be the heart rate data.

See you around and thanks for help.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why this issue still isn't fixed. I'm still only getting maybe one day of heart rate info per week. Even after multiple factory resets or both devices.

It's very frustrating.

Best Answer

@ToDaisy Thank you for getting in touch with our support team. We really appreciate your help and patience while we continue working on solving this.

In order to investigate this, I'd like to confirm this information with you:

• Please check if the Fitbit app, phone and watch apps are running the latest version. Visit the Google Play Store here
  • Can you please attach an image of the Fitbit app? Where it should be the heart rate data.

Have a great day.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Here are some images.

The apps are running the latest firmware and my phone is running the latest
Android 13. I've gone through countless trouble shooting with the support
team so I'm really thinking it's some bug in the watch or app on your part.
Cause I've factory reset both my phone and my watch several times now.

Hoping this helps a little cause looking at the forums I'm not the only one.

Kind regards,

Martin de Groot
Best Answer

Unfortunately there are no pictures to see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue.

I took my watch off one night this week to sleep, the following day the data wasn’t being displayed in app for heart rate. I managed to get it back somehow but can’t remember what I did.

I took the watch off a second time, last night, and all day today (Saturday 26/11) I’ve had no heart data displayed in app. I’ve tried everything the help section suggests and none of it restores the data.
it’s all recorded on the watch though, I can view it there, just not being displayed on the android app.

So I’ve managed to get the data to sync again, however…

YojanaFitbit_2-1669678784643.png

Update: all data from yesterday (Saturday 26th) is lost.

The issue is, if you’re not wearing your watch when the app switches from one day to the next, any heart data for that day, and onwards, will not be synced to the app, unless you unpair the watch from the app, force stop the app, clear data and cache, then reload app, and re-pair the watch to the app. 
if you do this on the day it stopped recording, any data on the watch will be synced. If like me, you do this when another day starts, the previous data on the watch that hasn’t synced to the app, will be lost. 

as you can see in the image, despite wearing my watch from 8am onwards on Saturday, the entire day hasn’t been synced to the app, todays, Sundays data, was missing from midnight until I did the above, only then did the data from midnight onwards, display on my app.

something in the last update has caused the app to not sync heart data if the device isn’t worn when one day ends and the next starts. (That is unless you un pair and re pair the watch)

YojanaFitbit_0-1669678763108.png

And for some reason, it's decided to stop again.

Was recording fine after the un pair and re pair yesterday, wore the watch to bed, and from midnight onwards it decided to stop syncing heart data.

Sleep data and everything else is fine.

On the free trial for premium currently, this issue isn't making me want to pay for this service when the trial comes to an end.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and merged posts.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue. I took the watch off to sleep for one night, and the heart beat has completely stopped syncing. Like above, the watch is recording it, it just doesn't show in the app.

I tried the unpair, force close, and clear data/cache, but it did not fix the issue for me. 

I have the premium, and this is not the first issue I've had, far from it. Eg, Changing time zones causes huge issues. Now apparently sleeping without the watch on does too. I wouldn't recommend either the pixel watch or the Fitbit premium at this point. Maybe they will get it better in the next one.

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue.  My fitbit dashboard shows all my data, including the 34 active minutes from my workout when I look it up on line, but the fitbit app on my google pixel 6a is not showing any active minutes.  

Everything is updated to the latest version.  

I have the google Pixel Watch, a Pizel 6a Smart phone.  

My thought is that it is some permission that is not granted in one or the other to allow heart rate data to be shared between the two, but I cant for the life of me find any problems.

Best Answer

When will this issue be fix. I am also experiencing this issue and i am also on fitbit premium.

Best Answer

This seems to be the best answer so far. 

My watch is new, it's syncing everything else, but not heartrate, unfortunately no cache cleaning seems to make it work.. Going to give it tonight and then factory reset it

Best Answer

Just been through this with fitbit support. They were super unhelpful. This thread is the most help I've found, but hasn't resolved it for me

Best Answer
Hi,

Don't bother resetting.
It's not a problem in your watch specifically.
Every pixel watch has that issue and it's just not being addressed yet for
some reason.
Best Answer

As Fitbit has decided to remove the group challenges from their app, and it was the only feature I really used, I have just decided to use a different app with my pixel watch.  It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.  I hope they do fix this issue for people still trying to use it though. 

Best Answer

Same issue here.

The only way I get to have HR info on the Fitbit app Is trough GFit + Health Connect feature.

Once removed Gfit no data have been

synched anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_20230505_133132.jpg

Best Answer

What other app works with the pixel watch

Best Answer

I use Strava to record exercises.  But I don't know of any that work as a daily step counter like Fitbit.  I am sure they exist, but for me I just wanted my heart rate in my workouts, so Strava does the job nicely.

Best Answer