Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch is showing different times for sleep and activities

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my and my friend's timestamps are now stated incorrectly after we've made a round trip from 00 to +03 time zone and back.

Now it shows all physical activities and sleep  started and ended 3 hours later than their real timings in our 00 time zone.

Time zone settings in Fitbit are set to automatic selection.

Forgot to add -- we both using Pixel Watch with Fitbit

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi there, @goryn. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for confirming that you've checked the time zone settings on the Fitbit app. Sorry to hear that you and your friends have had this inconvenience while travelling.

As a friendly reminder, I'd like to share with your that the time on watch may be wrong after you travel to a different time zone or when clocks change for Daylight Savings. If the time on your Pixel Watch is still incorrect after syncing or giving you incorrect time for your workouts, I recommend changing your time zone to a complete different one, sync your watch, put the correct time and sync again. To change the time make sure you are following the instructions provided in the help article How do I change the time on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Yojana, the time displayed in the Fitbit WAS correct while we were away from our home timezone, it got broken after our return.

Seems like Fitbit thinks like we've never returned to our timezone, despite we always had automatic time zone set both on both Fitbit and on our Pixel Watch.

Now I can see Fitbit shows the correct timings for sleep data while abroad and shifted timings for my today's night sleep (and funny that app shows correct timings for the nights of sleep in the all days prior to the vacation).

Yesterday I've tried setting different time zone in Fitbit app, syncing Fitbit app then selecting my home time zone in Fitbit app again. Went to sleep -- timings still shifted.

Best Answer

The standard fix for many. 

• Set your location to someplace in a different timezone. 
  • Sync, I'm not sure if this is needed. I did not do this step. 
  • Set the app to auto. 
  • Sync. 

I had this issue with my sense, my 2 brothers, and sis did not. 

Best Answer

@goryn Thanks for getting back to me and for trying those steps. Please check @Rich_Laue's suggestion and if that doesn't work, please attach a image of the shifted timings for your sleep or exercise stats in case this applies.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

As I said I tried changing time zone yesterday and it didn't work.

It says like I woke up at 11 today, while it definitely was at 8.

IMG_20221117_213941_911.jpg

Best Answer

@goryn Thanks for sharing this screenshot with us. If your Fitbit device is showing the same time of your phone, I suggest to force quite the Fitbit app, clear cache and reboot the phone. Then try to sync again to see if this fix this situation.

Thank you for your time and see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time is displayed correctly on Pixel Watch and is in sync with the phone, nothing is wrong here.

And no -- cleaning Fitbit app cache didn't help to resolve the intial issue.

Best Answer

@goryn Thanks for working with us to resolve this. 

This is very odd to be honest. Question. Have you reviewed your sleep and exercise data on the Fitbit.com website? I ask to determine if this is an issue with the app only or the data is being affected overall. 

In this case I would suggest removing the Pixel Watch from your account and set it up again. That way all settings will be reset. I understand the time zone is correct, but it seems the app is shifting it at the time of display. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, just checked and the sleep/exercise data on fitbit.com is also shifted on the same 3 hours ahead of my home time zone.

In Settings on website it's my home timezone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything above and nothing is working for me. I'm getting wildly inaccurate time stamps. Like saying I went to sleep at 5am and woke up at 1pm. Eden it reality it was 12am to 8am. Did you get yours fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, it got fixed for me at some point while I was still waiting for a reply here.

But it took several weeks for me to happen. No idea if someone from the devs did this for me or if it was resolved by itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue.  I even factory reset the device at Fitbit's direction, and changed back and forth zones.  Perhaps the direction of the change matters. Still not working, and Fitbit has no record of this bug. Sad to buy an expensive device with a sloppy bug like this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. The date and time on my phone and pixel watch are the same and set to automatic time zones. When I review activity on my watch, it appears to be accurate. When I review data on the FitBit app, the steps and sleep data do not agree because the time stamps appear to have changed. I have reset the watch, deleted the Fitbit app from my phone, and reloaded everything. I have since added Google Fit to the watch, and the data is synced accurately. The Fitbit app continues to show the data with incorrect time stamps, and therefore incorrect steps each day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also facing this issue. Fitbit support was unable to help me, they directed me to switch wrists and indicated that the watch is not recording correctly. However, much like other users are reporting here, the timestamps within the fitbit app are incorrect.

I am also noticing that my activities are being logged correctly, aka there are heartrate charts etc with logged zones but the zones aren't reported correctly. For example I worked out yesterday and approximately 20% of my workout was in the cardio zone and 70% in the fat burn zone and yet the app reports as 100% below zones. Anyone else seeing this in addition to the above?

Thanks

Best Answer

I was able to get the time to revert back.  Flying back to my time zone I kept the watch turned off for more hours than the time it was off (4 hours).  When I returned it was working.  I am unsure whether it was the powering down or the time change that did it.  Obviously there is a software bug underlying this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes