Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch under registering both steps and distance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went for a 5 mile dog walk which I regularly do bit this was the first time with my Pixel watch. At the end of the walk the watch and Fitbit registered just under a mile, and just over 2000 steps. This is a lot less than what was actually walked. 

I also did a 1.4 mile walk last week which registered 0.37miles and 822 steps. 

Have I not set something up correctly? GPS has been on for both walks. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @AndyGee73. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the step discrepancy you're having with your Pixel Watch. 

Your watch has a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. Your device uses the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. 

Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

When you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

If you feel that your step count and distance are inaccurate, confirm the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @AndyGee73. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the step discrepancy you're having with your Pixel Watch. 

Your watch has a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. Your device uses the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. 

Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

When you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

If you feel that your step count and distance are inaccurate, confirm the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes