Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel watch tile showing steps as zero

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit tile (main goal) on my Pixel watch is showing zero always. This started only a couple of days ago and before that it was working fine. Once I click the tile and go in to the app for details, steps are shown correctly. But in the main tile on the Pixel watch, steps are always shown as zero. Can anyone help? Any moderators who can help with the question above? Thank you in advance!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am not the original poster - but I am having the same issue. I got a new phone yesterday (S23 Ultra), it appeared that the watch would not connect to my new phone. From what I read online - it sounded like you unfortunately need to factory reset the Pixel Watch to connect to a new device. After my factory reset - I was then able to get my phone and watch connected and received notifications on watch. But realizing this morning that now my steps and sleep are not being detected. I updated all apps on the watch, but not sure what else to do?Screenshot_20230216_114326.jpg

20230216_114345.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @kirandasck. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for reporting this inconvenience with your Pixel Watch. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As this issue started a couple of days ago please confirm that the Fitbit app and phone is up to date. Then check if your watch has any pending update as well.

To confirm that the Fitbit app on your watch is up-to-date >Press the crown.

1. Swipe up to the Play Store app, and tap the app to open it.
  2. Swipe up and tap Manage apps.
  3. Update all. (To check for system updates, see Check for updates.)
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app and sync your watch.

If you keep having this inconvenience with your Pixel Watch, please attach an screenshot of the step tile on the Fitbit app and a picture of your watch showing the step tile too.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not the original poster - but I am having the same issue. I got a new phone yesterday (S23 Ultra), it appeared that the watch would not connect to my new phone. From what I read online - it sounded like you unfortunately need to factory reset the Pixel Watch to connect to a new device. After my factory reset - I was then able to get my phone and watch connected and received notifications on watch. But realizing this morning that now my steps and sleep are not being detected. I updated all apps on the watch, but not sure what else to do?Screenshot_20230216_114326.jpg

20230216_114345.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, the issue was caused because I had travelled and the time zone had changed. This created a difference between the watch and the phone and caused synchronization issues. I had to select the timezones manually in both phone and the watch. Then unpair the watch, pair it again and synchronise again. Then the issue was resolved.

Best Answer