Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/24/2017: Popup markers display over graphs (Android 7.0+)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi all -- As this has been reported as resolved with the Fitbit app update, version 2.47, I am closing this thread.

If you come across any other instances of this in the future, please create a new thread and use this one as a reference. Thanks to everyone who reported this, tried the update and confirmed that the markers are displaying as expected.

Fitbit Update 03/21/2017: Our team is aware of a bug where users running Android 7.0 Nougat experience the popup markers overlapping in the full-screen view of the following graphs: Heart rate, water, weight, steps, calories, floors, distance, and active minutes.

Our team currently working on getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible. I appreciate your time in reporting this issue and am looking forward to providing an update as soon as I can. More to come!

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.41.32 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Screenshot_20160726-092514.png

Look at this bug, it happens with Android 7 developer preview, please fix it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice bug catching @renton82

Hope someone from Fitbit sees your post soon.

Happy Fitbitting

Best Answer
0 Votes

@renton82 We don't support unreleased operating systems. We'll expect everything to work smoothly when Android 7 is out of testing.

That being said, can you clarify specifically what the bug is in that screenshot?

Best Answer

Now andorid Nougat is officially released, but bug is still here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@renton82 You're right! I'm personally excited for Android Nougat and looking forward to getting it on my Galaxy Note 5, hoping sooner rather than later! What are your favorite features of it?

Anyway, I've made sure to get this in front of our Android team who has assured me that they're working on making the official build of Android Nougat supported with the Fitbit app. When I have more details with a confirmed timeline for support I will make sure to share it with you guys. Thanks for putting this on my radar!

Best Answer

I tried the Nougat preview a few months ago but it wasn't compatible with my Blaze.  No notifications, no music control, etc.. 

Other than the bug you posted, how does the official release play with the Blaze? Is it safe to install on my Nexus 6P?

🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit Android Nougat is better than Android 6 in terms of battery life and other other little features that help you like option to close all apps together, modify quick toggles ecc...

Best Answer
I got Nougat on my Nexus 6P when it was released, and it's still an issue. The data tips (not sure what the word is here) on the graphs do not render correctly. Just open any graph full screen in an emulator with Nougat, select a time point, and it should be obvious.

Also, activity detail is constantly crashing the entire Fitbit app for me since I upgraded to Nougat.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jrlog Thanks for taking the time to report this. These are currently known issues that our Android team is working to resolve. More info to come when I hear of an update. Thanks for your continued patience and time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bug is sill here, Nougat is released since months and bug is still here, congratulation!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please correct this bug!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_2017-02-22-22-32-46.pngThe past week or so I've notice any of the timeline displays, when a date, or time is selected, the "pin" is much too low. Not a deal breaker, but certainly annoying. Any one have any ideas? I've tried a reboot as well as a force stop.Screenshot_2017-02-22-22-32-46.png

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @NatsFan37, welcome to the Fitbit Community and thank you for sharing a screenshot. I was reviewing my app on my Android phone and the graph displays the "pin" in the correct position.

So my recommendation is to review if you are running the latest version of the app. For Android is 2.42.

If you have this version, lets do the following: Log out from the Fitbit app and go to your app manager on your phone settings, (depending of the brand this option may vary from App Manager or Apps). Look for the Fitbit app and clear the cache of the app. Once you have done this, restart your phone. Wait until it has loaded again and log back in to your Fitbit app and review if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Keep me updated how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Roberto,

I indeed have version 2.42, and I cleared the cache, and rebooted my phone as you suggest with no luck. Took it a step further and cleared all data, rebooted with no luck. The last thing I tried was to completely uninstall, and reinstall, but I'm still encountering the issue.

Thanks for the effort though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And it is still there...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @NatsFan37! Thanks for the updates. When did the issue start? Did you made any changes on your phone's settings or App? 

Can you try to update again? The version 2.43 is now available. Once you have updated, you can follow @RobertoME's suggestion one more time please. 

Let me know, we'll be around. 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
SolangeFitbit,

Thanks for reaching out.

I first noticed this issue a month and a half or two months ago. I'm not
sure if it happened at the same time, but I recently got version 7.0 of
Android.

The Fitbit app itself is up to date.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolangeE@NatsFan37I have been running Android 7 for a few months and didn't notice the issue until you prompted me to investigate.

The positioning of the message varies with the view and the HR point, but still anchored at the axis base. I can't tell how long it has been like that, but as you can see I'm on App 2.4.3

Screenshot_20170305-172917.PNGScreenshot_20170305-172941.pngScreenshot_20170305-173053.png

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unbelivable! I reported this bug on ‎07-26-2016 and now after 8 months is still here! What's the meaning of software beta version if even if i report bug it remain  unheard???

Best Answer
0 Votes