Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

Thanks @ErickFitbit.

As someone who first got a Fitbit nearly 4yrs ago to help me maintain a 2st weight loss, the dealbreakers for me are:

1. the new weight tile is of no value at all - I want to know what lbs are left to lose to stay at goal range +/-7lbs not what I've lost since a random date on a graphic which is in reverse and which represents nothing tangible. I don't want to have to tap a tile to see data which always used to be there at a glance. EDIT to add that it also doesn't show weight gains which we all have particularly on maintenance - it just says nothing or rather "--lbs lost" whereas it used to say 3lbs to goal or then 4lbs the next day if a lb gained. This is much more useful than it just showing a blank field for gains and actually some people find seeing a gain a good motivator and also easy to see the effect of the previous day's/week's eating habits.

2. I keep a very close eye on my calorie deficit and activity, often flicking back for days to view it. With the "in vs out" tile missing from the new dashboard this now requires more thought/effort and isn't as motivating. I don't even have the option of putting the food tile (cals in) next to the cals burned tile to try to compensate for this. And yes, I STILL miss that it doesn't have the really old tile which said e.g 300 cals of 1600 left, I have survived that change but this is a double hit for us lifelong dieters now lol!

3. Whilst the tiles can move a bit on new dash I can no longer hide the tiles I never use - having floors and minutes active at the top is of no value to me at all and I can no longer move/hide the tiles I want to see in a cluster.

4. the screen is very white and bright - it doesn't work for me to dim my phone as I need it bright for other reasons.

The graphics changes alone wouldn't be a problem - it's the loss of existing functionality I am sad about. I love my Fitbits and don't mind change but prefer it to be for the better. It starts to become not fit for purpose for some of us.

Thanks for listening. I know people got a little frustrated in the IOS boards when they were told to post feedback in a thread started by a Mod and then later told it wasn't the right place or that they needed to vote for items which were no longer able to be voted on. If I need to post my views elsewhere would you mind letting me know so that it doesn't later turn out that it needs to be in a feature request etc. to be heard

Thanks!    🙂

Helen

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Well not all excited about the new dashboard, why won't fitbit listen to
the feedback? Very silly to not take on board what people want and don't
want...
Best Answer

@Poo I greatly appreciate your candid feedback about the current beta version of the Dashboard for Android. This is super useful feedback that I will be providing to our Android team. The team is still working to complete this project, which is why it's still in beta, and your feedback will for sure be taken into consideration. Again, thank you!

@Pintsize40 Any feedback in particular that you're willing to share about the Dashboard beta? It's still in the works so your feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for listening @ErickFitbit, I do hope it was constructive. It's hard to be concise and to the point without it sounding like a whinge which wasn't my intention.

As a research nurse my daily life is about gathering quality data to achieve optimum results and I see this as much the same thing - evidence based practice! Woman LOL

Best Answer
I can only go from others are saying, most of the people I know have iOS
and don't like the new dash board, an update would new nice but not if
things are being taken away that we have become a custome to, I think it's
really important not to make the app complicated to use as that could push
people away from Fitbit, I've read that it's not easy to see past workouts
and food intake and not being able to customise the dashboard to what we
want to see...I was also thinking that it would be nice to be able to set a
water alarm to remind us to be drinking...I would have loved to be in the
beta group shame I didn't know about it..
Thanks for asking me what I thought.
Best Answer
Can some beta users or others tell me if the new dashboard give us back the possibility to use Monday as the first day of the week?
Best Answer

Is it possible to hide tiles? I live in the WNC mountains and the floors tile is pointless... I rack up hundreds per day from routine walking 😆

Best Answer

@Tao75 Hi, sorry if I'm being dim but which fields would this affect so I can check for you? On my weekly exercise goals and heart rate etc., that starts on a Monday with my Blaze and the new Beta dash - is that what you meant?

@dbolden Hi, no, tiles can be moved but not hidden and the screen is split into top and bottom fields and you can only move the tiles within those fields so you can't move something from the lower section to the top which is a shame. I'd like my cals in next to cals burned now that the cals in/out tile has chnaged from the old dash. It also means you can't fit it all on the screen so need to scroll down more if you use all tiles.

@ErickFitbit - sorry, me again! I forgot to mention the much maligned (in IOS) fact that when you go back through previous days (using an arrow now as swiping screen doesn't work), only the top field has the historical data, the lower one is the current day's data even on previous days. This is a pain when you want to flick back to see each days calorie in/out data. Obviously you can get "cals in" if you click on the tile and interrogate that but then you can't view cals in vs your cals burned which most people who are dieting or monitoring these things are likely to need. Thanks  🙂

*Screenshots of same day with old/new dash below - with a reminder that these things might change of course!* You can see in the lower section it's not showing the data for that day.

Screenshot_2016-10-05-07-09-32.pngScreenshot_2016-10-05-07-46-41.png

Best Answer
@Poo (i'm not on the beta group) when i push steps, it sums up the steps from Sunday to saturday, Even though my Web version is set to count from Monday to Sunday. I got week starts on Monday in web settings . These last years android app versions have screwed up, so i hope this New dashboard would fix this
Best Answer

@Tao75 wrote:
@Poo (i'm not on the beta group) when i push steps, it sums up the steps from Sunday to saturday, Even though my Web version is set to count from Monday to Sunday. I got week starts on Monday in web settings . These last years android app versions have screwed up, so i hope this New dashboard would fix this

Indeed,  I hope they can implement it finally.  It's possible change it on iOS version for years so I don't understand why it's missing on Android platform. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Start-week-on-Monday-on-Android-App/idc-p/102927...

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer

@werionae @Tao75

When tapping the steps icon my Beta version shows a graph of past 7 days but the actual lists below that are Mon-Sun. Hope that helps, let me know if still not getting the question  🙂

Screenshot_2016-10-06-19-33-33.png

Best Answer
@ErickFitbit Is there still only beta users that can get the new dashboard? Any release date for for the rest of us?
Best Answer

Had to post this link to the IOS dashboard comments. The latest post by Strawberry n p31 beautifully highlights the issues with the new dash which are much the same in Android.

I'm not a moaner and don't hate change but please please listen to the feedback where the same few things are mentioned over and over again.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/New-Dashboard/td-p/1383648/page/31

Best Answer

I remember when the old dsshboard was new, and the same complaints was being posted.. I wonder what has changed that the old dashboard is now being defended with as much passion as it was being criticized.

Personally I find the new dashboard great and easy to see, a simple glance and I get simple green circles showing me what percentage I'm at towards the days goal. With the old one obese being forced to read numbers. 

As for the bottom tiles that don't change date, it doesn't bother me because I always clicked through to the next page where it is easy to compare multiple days.. This was and still is impossible from the dashboard. 

I like that with one tap I am at the single settings menu, I don't have to decide which menu is the settings that I want. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue

Hi, I think the problem is that we all use it differently. For me the changes are not useful. I care little about the design/looks, it's the complication of the simple functions which I used every day which I mourn.

If these things don't affect others that's great. None of us are right or wrong in our opinions of this - just different.

I also liked the old website dash vs the current one - I just never use it at all now which is a shame but I accept that it no longer works for me. If others love it, that's grand. I'm not averse to change - I work inresearch where we strive for change - I just don't like it when it complicates simple stuff.

I've only had a Fitbit just under 4yrs so haven't used any previous dashboards but have switched between Android/IOS so am used to variations on the theme.

Also posting as Poo
Fitbit user and forum poster since Jan 2013
One, Blaze, Android/Samsung
Best Answer

It was just a little over 2 years ago when the android app was completely redesigned 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oopsie, yes I do recall that now!

I liked it  Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not in the beta, but I recently switched from iOS to Android, which meant going back to the old layout. Can I just say that I really like the new one and can't wait for it to be published for Android?! Itso so much cleaner and easy to use. Yes, I like the weight loss line in the old dashboard better than the new one, since if you gained and are basically starting over, it tells you the total you have to go rather than the new one which tells you that you're at 0 pounds lost. Other than that, it's wonderful! When will it go out to all users?
Best Answer
Hi Erik, that's great news, do you when approx is going to be available for general public? iOS users have this new dashboard since a while now, we Android users are way behind changes.
Best Answer