Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

@ErickFitbit

Hi.

I mainly use Fitbit to control my weight having lost a few stone 4yrs back and being determined it was the last time I did it. I do track activity but it's a cals in/out thing. I can see that it might muddy the waters to have conveyed feedback from others/IOS etc. and that my key points might get lost so I want to remedy that.

Having used the new Beta dash for a week these are my observations:

1. Each day I log calories in on MFP and maintain a small daily deficit all week in order to relax a little food-wise at w/e's. Every day I used to swipe back through the week to check how I was doing ie. cals in vs cals earned/burned and do a quick mental tot up. I can no longer do this. I can see cals burned if I flick back each day but have to write it all down and then go into the cals in tile and check each day, write it down and then do the maths. Whilst this won't kill me it's clearly quite a leap from a quick glance process and a bit of mental arithmetic that I could do anytime/anywhere.

2. I can no longer glance at my weight alongside the above data to gauge the impact of ongoing food or exercise choices because the screen just tells me what I've lost since a random date (whenever last updated manually) rather than what I actually weigh which is more useful, up or down it's still good data.

3. I don't like the layout but don't care about it, horses for courses - it's the existing tools above being made inefficient which really matter to me.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of my system in other's eyes it's worked for me for yrs and I have already found this week a bit demotivating as I can't see my, generally positive, figures.

Thanks for listening. Over and out! Woman Happy

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Don't bother giving feedback, this is the same release as the ios dashboard, where fitbit steamrolled all objections and implemented whatever they wanted.
Best Answer

@Poo @Blokeypoo Yes, "the fact that when you go back through previous days (using an arrow now as swiping screen doesn't work)" has been a largely talked about subject in the iOS board and is definitely the type of feedback that I will be sharing with our Android team. 

@Tao75 @werionae Yes, the current production version of the Fitbit app for Android does not adjust to the online Dashboard setting for the day the week starts on. Thanks for the feedback, I will make sure to pass that along.

@Tao75 @bajcmartinez I don't have a confirmed release date for the redesigned Dashboard release to 100% of the Android userbase yet but will keep you posted when I find out here.

@nikonswife Thank you for your feedback! To clarify, the reason behind the "start over for a weight goal" is because we are hoping our users track their progress towards a body fat goal and/or a goal for losing, gaining, or maintaining weight.

@markce Actually, our Android team is closely monitoring this thread for feedback and is interested in what users in the beta have to say. Is there anything specific that you like or dislike about the current beta version of the new Dashboard redesign for Android? Like I said here, it is still a work in progress.

Best Answer

Thanks @ErickFitbit, do you know if there is any chance to get access to the beta app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_2016-10-05-07-09-32.pngScreenshot_2016-10-05-07-46-41.png

The one on the left is sooooooooo much nicer.

I'm an Android user and never used the IOS version. But litterally everyone I know with an iPhone and a FitBit perfers the old version of the app. For its looks and ease of use. When I still had my Blaze, they we all jealous that I still had the "old" version.

Best Answer

I have to disagree, the left looks like it was designed by someone who was thinking this is the way we always I be done it.. All the numbers are on the left. Oh look at the empty space to the to the right, let's throw in a status bar to fill the blank. Everything is in line top to bottom, this is unnatural we read left to right, ok some languages are read in columns and not lines. 

The old one requires the eyes to sweep down the screen. 

The right one is easy to see the percentage of the days goal in one simple glance, the circles are condensed and easy to read, the eyes don't have to move. 

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Good news,  thanks for letting us know. I really miss new look from my previous iPhone and I can't get used old one again. I can´t wait for redesigned version for android devices.

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer
Only certain panels are allowed in the top half of the new dashboard.
Most of those that are allowed, I'm not interested in. Waste of space.
Best Answer
Will it be possible to answer the phone thru the Blaze with the new app? Or is that still only for iPhone users?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm Android user, the app on my phone display use to be a circle so u could see how far u had to go for your daily goal. How do I get it back. Now it just says fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

@markce

I agree. The layout is great for those whose focus is on the tiles in the top section or who just want to view the colours/progress but pretty grim for those of us who don't use those tiles in isolation and want data over graphics.

It's sad to, effectively, remove things which people use. It's hard to understand by those who aren't affected and has resulted in some pretty unpleasant exchanges in the IOS dashboard forum.

Best Answer

Shame, I'm a  long time fitbit user (since the Ultra) but rarely get on the forums (until recently), so didn't know anything about the beta.. and I've been waiting for this update since it hit iOS. 😞

Since I don't have it, I will reply with why I like it. Personally, to me, it seems more streamlined. It also matches the website layout, which I love. I wouldn't have to scroll down to see everything, as everything is in the same area. Overall, I just think it looks nicer and will give us a better/more seamless transfer, especially for those of us that may use the phone application and the web layout.

With that said, I know it's not everybodies cup of tea, so I'd still like an option that would allow users to chose which dashboard they'd like to use.

Best Answer
It would be nice if FitBit actually paid attention to customer feedback and suggestions.
Best Answer
It would be nice to have the option of HR recovery at the end of an exercise activity. Currently I have to wear two devices in order to get this. The other device I use does give me post-exercise recovery at one minute . I also find a fair amount of variability in the accuracy of the heart rate as compared to using a chest strap device.
Best Answer
Im on andriod but would like the new dashboard any ideas when and how i can get this .
Many thanks 😙
Best Answer

@bajcmartinez Currently, our Android team is not looking to add any more users to the beta program. I will keep this thread updated if that changes at any time in the future.

@MikeS1971 @werionae Thanks for your feedback! Do you just not like the looks of the new one or anything specific about the functionality of it?

@markce What do you have in mind that you'd like to see available in the top section of the new Dashboard?

@Cissyk Sounds like you had a widget on your home screen. Check out this article for more info.

@ValerieAnne Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I will make sure to pass it along to our Android team.

@Sar79 You can keep up with updates here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Erick,
Thanks for asking...

What I am interested in, so that I can
a) view at a glance, and
b) swipe between days

- Sleep
- Bpm
- Calories in/out (big plus for the android version)
- Steps or distance
- Exercise

(And I want to see the most recent exercise, either workout or walk,
without having to click through. Not the heptagon. I do more than 1 per
day.)

Thanks
Best Answer

1)Will new Fitbit app bring any changes for widget settings? ex. more options for customization, and show more data on home screen, not only goal. 

2) Also, if Fitbit devs could consider add option for set dark theme. Black or dark theme is less glaring on the eyes and for those of us using AMOLED screens, black helps to save battery power. My most frequently used applications on my devices are working in dark mode,  except Fitbit app. 

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer
Can one of you beta testers show me what some of the graphs look like?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

Hiya, I think it's only the dash which is different - much like the website - the front page changed but the details are the same.

Happy though to check and can post tomorrow night - do say if any particular graph you're interested in but, as above, I think they're unchanged  Woman Happy

Best Answer