Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy reminder and keeps opening in account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the last update I needed to re agree the latest privacy... But after that every time I open the app: it shows the dashboard, then I see the privacy reminder screen and then it goes to the account screen. I don't have to touch anything for this. This is how the app starts now. 

I don't know why. But it's annoying because I want the app to start in the dashboard screen.

I tried to log out, force quit the app, clear cache and restart phone. But without help.

Haven' t tried reinstalling but the above method will do about the same I guess..

Anybody has more idea's? 

Thanks Alex

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi!

Just started to use the app again after a brief uphold and noticed the same issue for me.

When opening the app it goes to account info and briefly shows the privacy reminder and an agree button but does not freeze there so we can accept it.

When trying to find a solution i used google and found this thread, by logging on the fitbit web-portal, probably for the first time, i got the same privacy reminder and had to accept that and a second request, after that the brief privacy reminder flash in the app disappeared!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I have the same problem with version 2.71.

I tried to logout from Fitbit application, clear cache, "Force stop" application, uninstall it and reboot phone.

But after new installation, problem is back - "Privacy reminder" screen appears for 1 second, then start in "Account" page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alexwal @Skippi Hey, there! Thanks for reporting this issue here on the Community. Our team is aware the privacy reminder is causing some issues for Android users in the app. They're currently investigating. If I hear of any updates, I'll provide them for you here. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. Curious of there is already a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have this issue but the rest of my family using Xiaomi phones has it. Gets kind off annoying really for them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no solution? Its 10 days after you replied..

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit how is the investigation going?

The problem is still there and there are more and more people struggling with this problem. 

Not to mention all the people who just take it for granted or think it's just how it works now. 

It's not a big problem because everything else works, but it's just really annoying. 

Best Answer

Also hoping for a solution soon... 

Best Answer

Hi!

Just started to use the app again after a brief uphold and noticed the same issue for me.

When opening the app it goes to account info and briefly shows the privacy reminder and an agree button but does not freeze there so we can accept it.

When trying to find a solution i used google and found this thread, by logging on the fitbit web-portal, probably for the first time, i got the same privacy reminder and had to accept that and a second request, after that the brief privacy reminder flash in the app disappeared!

Best Answer

Thanks. 

It worked for me as well. 

Opened up the fitbit dashboard online. 

Used a link from within the fitbit app. And it asked the security question. 

Had to agree 2 different security questions and closed it. 

Glad a user could get the answer where fitbit itself was useless. I think it's weird they haven't noticed the app and the web version of the dashboard don't sync the security agreement. 

I'm glad it's fixed now. Thanks again for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for posting a workaround that resolved this issue for you!

@Alexwal Sorry, I haven't been around, but I checked-in on the status of this investigation and they're still working on it. I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience. 

I recommend everyone give @SunsetRunner's workaround a try for the time being. If I receive any updates, I will announce them here. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Work aroud works for me as well!

Sounds like a GDPR consent issue to me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Workaround was not working, but problem disappeared in new version (2.79) of application.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you? I have this issue right now in 2022.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the versa 2 and I have the same privacy remainder screen problem. It is incredible that after four years this problem is still unsolved. Fitbit people, Is this a joke or what??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it's 2022 i am using inspire 2 and i still have to get this privacy reminder even when i keep the app on - what's the catch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes