Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up Charge 3 on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there – have just bought a Charge 3 and am trying to set it up on Android. I've downloaded the app but every time I select "set up your fitbit charge 3" I never get beyond the "please wait" screen. I had another device a couple of years ago so have deleted it from my account, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Any thoughts? Thanks! Grace 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@eleanor88grace Hi and Welcome - can you confirm you already have an account and it is logged in have you completed the first charge of your device - a full charge will take about 2 - 3 hours try this before attempting to set it up as it may not how the power to see scans from Bluetooth yet - if so is the location allowed for Fitbit and active on your phone? - have you gone to devices in the app and clicked on add you should get the option if you already have a device on there to replace or add new device - select the charge 3  then set up your Fitbit - (ensure your phones Bluetooth is on and able to scan then follow the instructions - is your charger plugged in and attached to the device?

maybe this video will help - forward to about 2 mins 40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPlZYZSE0A

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wayne, thanks for your help. I already have an account, and the app is set up fine. My Fitbit is plugged in and charging, currently at 90% battery. My phone's bluetooth is on, but isn't recognising any nearby devices, which suggest that the fitbit isn't sending out a signal...? I've clicked on devices in the app, and selected the option to set up the charge 3, but it's still just leaving me on a "please wait" screen rather than giving me the option to set up the fitbit. 

Best Answer

@eleanor88grace Ok now that the device is on and charging have you turned Bluetooth off and then back on again to see if it will force another scan on a clean sheet so to speak - if it is still not recognised you may have to restart your device to do this try the steps in the following article

This Article as this may also help

I think at this moment it is waiting for your phone to recognise the device 

if this fails, have you a laptop/desktop you could set it up on until the connections get sorted

and if all else fails I can only suggest giving support a call the phone number will appear once the office is open (usually 0800 - 1900 Mon-Fri and 1000 - 1700 weekends in the UK)

Customer Support UK

This is for the UK but should you need to change country scroll to the bottom and look for United Kingdom with a down arrow next to it and click on the arrow now you can select your relevant country and the page will refresh

im just about to go out for a bit but will check in again when I get back (maybe 2 hours ish)

Kind Regards

Wayne

Edit 1 - @eleanor88grace did you manage to get this issue sorted and have managed to set up your device or have you had to get further diagnostics from support?

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wayne, thanks again for your help – it's sorted now! I contacted Samsung customer service who helped me reset my Bluetooth, and now the fitbit is connected. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your Welcome - glad you got it sorted and hope you enjoy achieving your goals

All the best

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes