Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 07/18/16: App crashes when logging custom meals

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/18/2016: With the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29, the app no longer crashes when logging custom meals.

As this issue has been resolved, I am closing this thread. If you begin experiencing app crashes when attempting to log custom meals please create a new post and reference this thread.

If you're experiencing the issue where you're "missing calorie info when logging custom meals," I recommend checking out this thread for updates.

Fitbit Update 06/17/2016: Community members have reported that the Android app crashes when attempting to log custom meals via the app.

In the meantime, I recommend using our online Dashboard at Fitbit.com to log custom meals until further notice of a fix for this in the app.

I've made our Android team aware of this and they are currently working on getting this issue resolved. When I hear an update on the status of this issue, I will make sure to let everyone here know what I hear. Thanks for your reports and continued patience.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

@SaraBxxx Thanks for the report. You should be able to log into the Fitbit.com Dashboard on a computer to log those custom meals.

@Ellyenne Sorry for the confusion, they may not have been clear as to what you were looking for. I can clarify that you should be able to log custom meals via the app but the usage is currently broken right now. In the meantime, I recommend using your online Dashboard to log custom meals as I stated here. Hope to have an update to share with everyone here soon.

Best Answer

I am aslo having the same problem logging custom meals. When I try log the meal it shows 0 calories and the fitbit app does not repond and stops working and has to be forced closed. The recent update has made "my foods" column disappear. Now I have to log all my meals from my laptop. 

my food has disappeared

Screenshot_2016-06-17-12-24-13.png                                Screenshot_2016-06-17-12-24-34.png

custom food does not have my food to get calories from

Screenshot_2016-06-17-12-24-43.png

Best Answer

@lorri4612 Thank you for your screenshots and report. Our team is aware of this issue and working to get this resolved as soon as possible. I recommend checking back here for updates as that is where I will be sharing them with everyone.

Best Answer
Just to let you know new update today6-29 still having the same problem
Best Answer
7-1 update still not fixed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with Samsung Note 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tonyk @dforthof Thanks for confirming that the update didn't fix it. When I find a definite date for the fix for this I will make sure to update everyone here. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I loaded the old veraion, from March when A6 (MarshMess) first rolled out to LG. I've been very happy. Almost everything works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- Can you confirm if the app is no longer crashing when attempting to log a custom meal from the updated app, version 2.29?

Also, if you're experiencing issues with actually logging the custom meal, please respond to me in this thread and share screenshots with me. That will be super useful in investigating. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Eric - just tried it and I can now log custom meals again - great news.
That's on a Galaxy s7 with version 2.29

Thanks for fixing it

Sue Turner
Sent from my mobile phone
Best Answer

@SaraBxxx Thank you for confirming that you're able to log custom meals again! I appreciate you taking the time to share your update. Happy Monday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is NOT resolved.

As reported by dbacker8 on 7/13 in this thread https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/lost-ability-to-log-food-in-Android-app-with-latest-upda... 2.29 no longer crashes the app when logging a custome meal, it just doesn't log it at all.

It would be interesting if SaraBxxx  would confirm that the custom meal logged actually showed up in her log.

Who is QA testing these patches? this is getting even more tiresome.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Morbius So this issue is fixed as the app doesn't crash anymore, but there is a new issue which can be found here.

Thanks for confirming that this has been resolved. I recommend checking in on this thread for updates on the new issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still can't log custom meals
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
Best Answer
0 Votes
However you'd like to spin it everything worked fine until 2.27. It's not a new issue, you still can not log a custom meal as you were before 2.27.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Morbius Yes, but to clarify, the app no longer crashes which separates the issue into a new issue which you can find updates for here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 07/18/2016: With the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29, the app no longer crashes when logging custom meals.

As this issue has been resolved, I am closing this thread. If you begin experiencing app crashes when attempting to log custom meals please create a new post and reference this thread.

If you're experiencing the issue where you're "missing calorie info when logging custom meals," I recommend checking out this thread for updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes