Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate changed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When i check my heart rate in the morning, its usually in the mid 50's. Usually low 60s when driving or sitting down. Resting heart rate logged as 62. Any way to recalibrate?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In addition to what @LanuzaFitbit said,

note it is common to see your heart rate lower than what Fitbit calls the RHR (Resting Heart Rate).  Most sources consider RHR to be the lowest heart rate recorded throughout the day.  However Fitbit has a slightly different view of RHR.  Fitbit does not reveal how they calculate their "RHR", but it is common to see your heart rate lower than the "RHR".  However even though Fitbit's RHR is slightly different than the usual definition of it, it can still be used the same way, to look at long-term trends to judge fitness, perhaps tell when you are not getting enough sleep or getting ill, etc.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for joining the Forums @Nightshift2

At this moment we do not have any way to recalibrate the readings. Keep in mind that HR is measured constantly and that a change in your everyday life could lead to a change in RHR. If you have had a particularly stressful week or days then your HR would raise and that could explain the increase. Can you think of anything that could've caused your HR to be higher than normal?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am a diesel mechanic and work 10 hr shifts, been working out twice a day. Maybe heart rate is staying up a little during the day. Good at night tho. Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to what @LanuzaFitbit said,

note it is common to see your heart rate lower than what Fitbit calls the RHR (Resting Heart Rate).  Most sources consider RHR to be the lowest heart rate recorded throughout the day.  However Fitbit has a slightly different view of RHR.  Fitbit does not reveal how they calculate their "RHR", but it is common to see your heart rate lower than the "RHR".  However even though Fitbit's RHR is slightly different than the usual definition of it, it can still be used the same way, to look at long-term trends to judge fitness, perhaps tell when you are not getting enough sleep or getting ill, etc.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hello @Nightshift2 and @JohnnyRow.

@JohnnyRow Thanks for adding on to my post. Really appreciate it! 

@Nightshift2 Hope you found this information useful! If you want, maybe you could look into our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics in there, maybe you find something you're fond of.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes