Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Doorbell notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Notifications for motion and doorbell activation on RING software are not coming through on fitbit charge 3 despite having been selected in app notifications. This did work when I first activated it but then stopped... perhaps due to an app update or something.. Anyone have this issue and/or a solution? Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @wackyp. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and let me help you with the Ring Doorbell notifications not coming through your Charge 3. Before anything else, may I know if you're having issues with calls, text or other apps notifications? Is Ring Doorbell app updated to the latest version?

I'd recommend to give a try to the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile's picture > Charge 3.
  2. Tap on Notifications > App notification and turn it off for Ring Doorbell.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your Charge 3.
  4. On your tracker, hold the left button and turn off/on the notifications.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and enable the app notifications for Ring Doorbell.
  6. Then sync your tracker and test the notifications one more time.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

Notifications work fine for every other app I've configured except Ring. I've checked this on 3 phones with same results. I carried out your steps with no luck. Thanks.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Ionic. Just updated the firmware and rebooted... still no Ring notifications. 

Best Answer

Why is it taking Fitbit so long to fix this? There are other threads dating back almost a year or more talking about the exact same thing.

Best Answer

You guys figure this out yet? All other apps work just fine, except RING.

Best Answer

Has there been any fixes for this yet? This seems to have been going on for ages and I'm still unable to receive notifications on my versa.

Best Answer

Has there been any update on this yet, any answers from the moderators would be appreciated?

Best Answer

Hi, I have been a user of Fitbit watches for many years with various issues but always managed to sort them in the end but I am stumped with this problem.

I am trying to get notifications on my Versa 2 but I have never been able to receive them no matter what I try, I have got other 'smart technology ' notifications working ok but not Ring.

Do ring notifications work on the Versa 2 for anyone else?

Best Answer

What type of phone are you asking for help with @Jak68 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you chosen to ignore this issue? How can you possibly explain how EVERY OTHER APP works FINE except RING?

I'm 100% sure your Nest (Google) Doorbell notifications work just fine.

This is a serious piss off regarding your product and NO SOLUTION for over 2+ years if you look at all the threads on this topic.

Best Answer

Google sells Nest Doorbells - those will notify you just fine.

Ring is a competitive product owned by Amazon... They won't allow them to work. Nice eh?

There is no other feasible explanation for why this doesn't work since every other app works just fine. 

I don't have any notifications for other smart tech (not owned by google) that I need on my watch so I can't prove this is case across their entire product portfolio and/or only competitive products by Amazon. I'm sure if we dig into this, we'll find this is true across the board.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Obviously Fitbit deem this not a big issue, and they wonder why they lose so many customers.

This will never be fixed especially now that Google own Fitbit and therefore they will want you to use their devices 😡

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue why ask what phone I am using and never reply with a comment?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because without a proper tag, @Jak68., I never received a notice that I was tagged in a message.

I asked because this is not a Versa issue, notifications come from the phone through the fitbit app, but an issue with the fitbit app and or phone. 

Others have reported this, we do not know if it is limited to Android, iOS, or both. 

Now it is very possible that the ring doorbell sends it notifications in a way the fitbit is not able to intercept and pass on to the tracker. 

I'll point out that many Garmin watch users are composing that Ring notifications also do not work for them 

Is this a fitbit/Garmin issue, or a Ring issue? 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue...sorry I forgot the tag🙄

This issue has been going for a long time, I am sure that would be enough time to find the issue by now, this must be down to the Fitbit app and there must be a lot of customers facing the same issue and with it being such an important issue (security of your home) I think Fitbit should make at least a little bit of an effort to look into this even if it is a competitors product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe they have. Or am looking into this. I simply mention that fitbit is not the single company having issues with the ring app. 

I have found a fix for Ring notification not working with the Galaxy Watch. So we have at least 3 unrelated watches with Ring notification issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not having a ring, I know nothing about their notifications. However if Ring followed the standard notification protocol there should be no issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly right. It's been years and they never fixed it. They wonder why they lose customers? It's because of horrible support like this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes