Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run data with MobileRun is not complete

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I went running with my Versa and phone. I normally track runs in Runkeeper, but Runkeeper doesn't sync data TO Fitbit, so I figured I would try the Fitbit app directly. I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't see heart rate data on my phone (it just shows distance, pace, and total time). I didn't start the run tracking via the Versa, so I'll have to try that. Heart rate data is incredibly important for me and other apps (like Runkeeper) connect to Bluetooth Smart devices AND show the data as you run. But I digress. I finished my run, finished in the Fitbit app and reviewed it later. On the fitbit website, it has no clue how far I ran (even though the app clearly showed 2 miles as I clicked finish). There also is no map even though I periodically glanced at the map on my phone while I ran. To add insult to injury, I can't go in and edit the data for the run, so yes, I have my steps taken, but it just says "N/A" for distance. AND it didn't sync the data to Runkeeper.

As of now, I think I'll continue tracking directly in Runkeeper then manually entering the data in Fitbit. I am highly considering returning my Versa though.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @MarqBland, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and I believe you are referring to the MobileRun feature of the Fitbti app. In some way this is different from tracking your exercise using your Versa with Connected GPS.

Working with the GPS sensors in your phone, MobileRun calculates distance, elevation, and pace for your walk, run, or hike. If you wear your tracker while using MobileRun, the steps, active minutes, and calories burned that you see on your Fitbit dashboard come from the tracker and it will provide you heart rate data. However whit MobileRun, there is present a bug that might affect some users. The issue is that if you press the pause button at some point of your exercise certain data will not be store, in example: the map course. For more details about MobileRun, review this help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?

Now after reading your post and the fact you own a Versa, I would recommend to use the option of Connected GPS directly from your exercise app of your Versa. This is going to give you more details since is your tracker recording all your exercise data using the GPS of your phone to pin point your location. To learn more, please visit this article: Does my Fitbit device have GPS?

With Runkeeper we are talking of a third party integration. This always depend on how the integration was developed and what data is going to share with your Fitbti Dashboard. Here is importantnt to mention Runkeeper data doesn't sync to Fitbit and your Fitbit Dashboard will share Steps, Calories and Sleep to your Runkeeper account. For more information about this topic this post will be of you help: Third Party Apps - Informational Post

Hope this information helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @MarqBland, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and I believe you are referring to the MobileRun feature of the Fitbti app. In some way this is different from tracking your exercise using your Versa with Connected GPS.

Working with the GPS sensors in your phone, MobileRun calculates distance, elevation, and pace for your walk, run, or hike. If you wear your tracker while using MobileRun, the steps, active minutes, and calories burned that you see on your Fitbit dashboard come from the tracker and it will provide you heart rate data. However whit MobileRun, there is present a bug that might affect some users. The issue is that if you press the pause button at some point of your exercise certain data will not be store, in example: the map course. For more details about MobileRun, review this help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?

Now after reading your post and the fact you own a Versa, I would recommend to use the option of Connected GPS directly from your exercise app of your Versa. This is going to give you more details since is your tracker recording all your exercise data using the GPS of your phone to pin point your location. To learn more, please visit this article: Does my Fitbit device have GPS?

With Runkeeper we are talking of a third party integration. This always depend on how the integration was developed and what data is going to share with your Fitbti Dashboard. Here is importantnt to mention Runkeeper data doesn't sync to Fitbit and your Fitbit Dashboard will share Steps, Calories and Sleep to your Runkeeper account. For more information about this topic this post will be of you help: Third Party Apps - Informational Post

Hope this information helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes