Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run tracking through the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Versa, and it has performed well in everything I've wanted it to do. I utilize the app for hard visual distance tracking and mile prompts for walking, running, etc. The last couple times I set it up for a run, it seemed to start recording it ok, but before I hit the first mile, my watch gave a notification about the exercise app starting. I don't get a mile prompt until almost the 2nd full mile in. It showed less than 2 miles after a 3+ mile run. Steps and overall actual distance seems to be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Since nobody else has replied here, I'll mention a possibility, though not up on details of it.

Perhaps depending on which Fitbit model you have, there is 'Run Detect' option that automatically turns on 'Run' from the tracker itself.  I wonder if you have accidentally turned that on, and even though tracking run from phone app, it is also starting 'Run' from app on tracker itself.  I would expect that is what is giving you the notification about exercise app starting.

The place to turn 'Run Detect' on or off is usually with the 'Run' option on Exercise App on the tracker.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I just looked and it was indeed on. Next run I do, I will see if it makes a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes