Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Active compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having nothing but trouble getting my device to sync to my phone. They're telling me that the Galaxy S8 Active isn't a supported device, but the S8 and S8+ are supported devices. What's the difference? I can't get notifications from my phone at all, and I have to reset everything at least once a day now to get them to work together.

Any other users with the same phone having the same kind of problems?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hey @Jbishop515, welcome to the Community.

I just want to let you know that I have moved your post from the Versa board to the Android app board, since I think that here you will be able to see more related topics about the Fitbit app.

Regarding your inquiry, I recommend checking our list of compatible mobile devices. When a phone isn't compatible, it doesn't mean that it won't work with your Fitbit but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions provide in the My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone help article, but I don't guarantee it will work 100%.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like some further clarification on this. I've been having the same issues. If fitbit is for active people. And the Samsung active series of phones is (obviously), then why isn't it supported yet.  When I bought my fitbit blaze 2 years ago I spent 3 and a half hours with tech support and was promised that my Samsung galaxy S8 active would be supported with the next fitbit app update. That was obviously a lie - can someone please tell me the truth? Will fitbit ever support the "active" series of galaxy phones? 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat, I had a Galaxy S8 had no issues with it.  Broke it too many times outdoors so got the rugged S8 Active.  Weird thing is I get notifications etc, I have the 'Keep alive' widget enabled in my Ionic.  It will sync but it is completely random as to when it wants to.  The widget shows when it was last updated, 6:30AM however when I try to force a manual sync at 8:53am I just get sync errors.  However all day yesterday it worked perfectly but for some reason every night it just loses it.

I have tried all the suggestions on the forums, tried reinstalling the app. Rebooting the phone, rebooting the watch, impairing, repairing and turning bluetooth on/off.

The main thing I can see that is different to the S8 is that the Active uses a newer version of bluetooth v5.1

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8161&idPhone2=8676#*,att

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Samsung S8 active.  my Fitbit initially synced to my phone and then all of a sudden one night it just stopped syncing and no matter what I try to do it will not sync to my phone. Very very frustrating !

Best Answer

Jbishop515, when you say resetting everything once to make it work, do you mean resetting both the phone and the fitbit device?  And after resetting both, they can sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that is what I meant.  It worked for a while, then it didn't work at all.  Fitbit eventually replaced my device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I \was upset as well I had a Charge 2 and wanted water resistance and my S8 active is a "Non-supported device" which means the sync capability would be better with two cans and a string...however I used the charge 2 with no problem....and the versa is the same....not pleased at all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! I was excited about my new phone. The notifications was 1 of the reasons to get the phone. I've had a garmin for several years, and decided to try something new. The watch is not compatible with my phone so I am sending it back within less than 24 hrs. Makes no sense that a watch that is marketed for active ppl wouldn't support an active phone. Not changing my phone so Fitbit just lost a customer. 

Best Answer

SAME! Please fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

SAME! Please fix! Not syncing! Not getting move reminders and not getting phone notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had no issues for 4 months then bang my Versa will not connect with my S8 Active. Contacted customer service and they are telling me that my Active isn't compatible.....yeah okay

Best Answer
0 Votes
I brought a samsung galaxy watch active. I love it. I haven't had any
problems with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes