Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Bluetooth does not find Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. I've had my Versa for about a year so this isn't an issue about setting up something new. My phone has stopped detecting my Versa via Bluetooth. It will sense it if I try to set the Versa up as an audio source, Versa (Classic) but it won't work with notifications in that mode. It does sync to the app although that has gotten very spotty.

Here's what I have tried:

Turned phone and Versa off/on.

Uninstalled app and reinstalled it.

Checked Bluetooth, Phone Battery and Fitbit notification settings to make sure everything is set right.

I have had a year of frustrations losing the notification function and having to go through multiple steps to get it working again but the Bluetooth was never an issue. I"m not sure what to check anymore.

Versa version 32.33.1.30  Samsung OS 8

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @ewalk30.

Thanks for bringing this up and following all of those steps to get your Fitbit to be recognized by your phone. Let me help you figure out what is going on.

Let's try to restart the connection from scratch by following these steps:

1. Go into your S8's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Fitbit and any other Fitbit devices that could show up as already paired devices.
  3. If you do find it there, remove it from the list along with any other Fitbit devices.
  4. Then restart your phone.
  5. Finally run the set up process as if you had a brand new phone.

Let me know if you have any further questions and how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone does not show up in the Bluetooth Settings. I have rebooted phone and watch multiple times.
I have deleted the Fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled it a few times as well. On two of those occassions I was able to get the bluetooth connection to work but it lasted only a few minutes and dropped it, never to recognize it again after unpairing, rebooting.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ewalk30.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for trying those steps and sharing those details.

If you run the set up process once again, what happens? Where does it not proceed any further? Knowing that should add more details on what is going on and how to move forward.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having issues with my samsung galaxy s10 plus. I cant get it to find versa after months of wotking it just stopped. I have uninstalled and remkved from bluetooh and still cant find it when i try to set up. Its only 5 months old my watch and im now very unhappy with this. I have tried uninstalling app and turning phone off and on reset watch and cant get it to do anything so unhappy . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Kellsmithy.

Thanks for taking the time to share all of the steps that you have tried so far.

In this case, this might be happening because the S10+ is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps for the notifications.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was working with tge phone perfectly  fine.  Till it did a firmwear update and now it wont connect to any devices i have tride ioad mini samsubg tab iohones 6plus and samsubg galaxy s7 and it wont connect to any bluetooth device. I have gooled and tried every thing. I am returning this as i believe it is faulty and the firmwear has somehow done this to it. Biggest waste of money . Im now going to garmin. Fitbut aint worth the hassle and thats all its been . Thank u for ur reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes