Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 - 'tracker not found' error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S8 but unfortunately I'm having a lot of synchronization issues with my fitbit - it doesn't even find my tracker!

I rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app, spent 30 minutes for the app to FINALLY find my tracker to pair it, and it shows on bluetooth... and it worked again, but now 2 hours later, when I try to sync my fitbit, it says 'tracker not found'. My fitbit is fully charged too...

I'm getting extremely frustrated. Does anyone have ANY suggestion about what else I can do?

ETA: resetting my fitbit again seemed to work, does it mean it's the tracker itself that's starting to break? I've had it for 7 months.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there @Francl27, nice to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! Has been a few days since you posted and I noticed you have not received an official response, so I'm wondering how it goes so far? Are you still experiencing syncing issues with your Fitbit tracker and your mobile Phone. 

The Samsung Galaxy S8 has been recently added to our List of Supported Devices and there are minor things of stability we are still working on it. I saw you have tried different suggestions on your own and perhaps this post might add some extra help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

You might have noticed there is a new version of the app for Android (2.54) which I'm sure you have installed already, however after an update I recommend to reset the app by logging out of your Fitbit app and restart your mobile device. Wait until your phone load again and log back in to your account.

See you around and hope this helps!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came across this thread as I've been having issues off and on for the last three days with my app saying "tracker not found". This response was great in that it identified for me that my phone the Huawei P10 Plus is not a supported device. What do we do in an instance like that? And how can I fix this issue? Thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hampsd1, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community and thank you for joining us here in this thread. 

I have a phone that is not listed as compatible, however my tracker is able to work but sometimes it gets stubborn, so it would hurt to try the steps I shared before, in case you haven't tried them: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

The difference with devices that are not listed as compatible is we cannot guarantee what would be the behavior in relation with the tracker,  while many Android devices have all the capabilities to sync, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App.

Addressing your question, there is the alternative of syncing via a device listed as supported if there is one available or using a computer. Once your tracker is paired there is no need to repeat the process again, is just matter to log in and sync.

see you around and let me know if you have more questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like a lot of Verizon Android users are having major issues with Fitbit. Hope this gets fixed. Really frustrating using the computer option. My S6 was working fine until latest software uodate, now FITBIT app cannot locate my tracker.

Best Answer

Hello @AmandaDia, nice to see you one more time! This update you are referring was with the Fitbit app or with your Samsung phone OS?

Also let me know if you have tried my suggestion from before? In case you haven't, please give it a try: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Looking forward to your response. Catch ya later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Software update to phone. It's been a week since the  App is not finding tracker. Looks like everyone is having this problem. Contacted support on Twitty said they were aware of problem but it hasn't been resolved & I don't see any other solutions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @AmandaDia, thank you for the additional information. So if the update was with your phone' software, indeed this is an issue we are still investigating. Please refer to the following post for more details and updates: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update.

Thank you for all your patience. See you soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same problem. I have logged off the app and restarted my phone and still getting the 'tracker not found' message. Any more suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Weezwords, thank you for joining us in this thread. My apologies for giving follow up to your query until now. Since it has been a few days since you posted, I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? Did you install the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android?

In case the issue persists, did you tried the steps suggested in one of my previous replies?

Let me know any detail you have found in the last days. I'm always around giving follow up to any concern you may have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issues seem to have resolved. I just hope this is a permanent solution and don't have to go through this several times a day - again! Fingers crossed!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer