Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading database

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone has been trying to upgrade database but cannot complete the process. It tells me that "This step requires an internet connection." I keep retrying but just get the message "Network operation failed." My phone IS connected to the internet. I've restarted everything twice. Does anyone know if this is a "my phone" or "my bit" or "my network" issue or something on the Fitbit end? Thank you.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@TeeTi,

It is likely not your network, nor your tracker. It would help to know the model of phone with OS version (and maybe tracker).

Without knowing more, my best suggestion is to uninstall the Fitbit app and reinstall it. I haven't had that issue yet on my Nexus 5X with Android version 8.0.0 and earlier. Although I have seen posts out there for other phones.

Good luck and have a Terrific day!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@TeeTi,

It is likely not your network, nor your tracker. It would help to know the model of phone with OS version (and maybe tracker).

Without knowing more, my best suggestion is to uninstall the Fitbit app and reinstall it. I haven't had that issue yet on my Nexus 5X with Android version 8.0.0 and earlier. Although I have seen posts out there for other phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Goosse,

My phone is the S6 Edge+ with 7.0 and my bit is the AltaHR. I considered the reinstall but wasn't sure if I would lose all of my data. Don't know if that's an ignorant concern or not. I'm not a complete tech-tard but I've still got a lot to learn. Thanks for your time and effort and you have a wonderful day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, didn't mean to accept solution. I haven't actually tried that yet. But I will. Smiley Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeeTi,

During a Sync, the app transfers the data to the cloud where it is stored and processed, then the results are retrieved for display. The data that the app stores are the settings and previously retrieved displays. When Support had me delete the data from the app, each page took a little extra time to display the first time. Having the data stored in the cloud allows it to be displayed in any app or browser that logs in to your account.

I hope this explanation helps. Good luck and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the explanation absolutely did help and the reinstall took care of the issue. Thank you for taking the time to further my education and have a wonderful day!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue - I wondered about uninstalling & reinstall - guess I will have to try.

@Goosse1962 wrote:

@TeeTi,

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I delete data from Fitbit?

Or, how to uninstall and reinstall, will I lose my entry’s?

Best Answer
0 Votes