Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Does anyone have a S9 that works with Versa? I want to upgrade but I was told it would not work. I have a S5 but I can't quick reply on it ... don't want to upgrade and find out I am worse off ... I am already frustrated because I saw the add it said I could quick reply and it seems I don't have the upgrade?

I am on 32.32.10.15. Which Fitbit said is what I need for quick reply ... frustrated, is an understatement!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you around @tanyalm.

I just want to let you know that I have moved your post from the Versa board to the Android app board, since here you will be able to find more related topics regarding the Fitbit app.

About your inquiry about Samsung Galaxy S9, at the moment we do not have any news on the matter. Whenever we do, we'll be letting everyone know. However, I would like to mention that there are some users who can sync with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Sync troubleshoot.

You can also always keep an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

Let me know if you need anything else. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, I have purchased a S9 and it works beautifully.. I can access quick replies and all the features that I could not with Galaxy S5..  So its not an update issue after all.. The S5 is listed on Fitbit site as compatible.. but in fact it isnt... not entirely

Best Answer

It's great to hear that your Fitbit is working properly with your Samsung Galaxy S9 @tanyalm, thanks for the information and if you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

How did you get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
i followed all the set up instructions.. I didnt have to tweak anything on
the phone at all.. is yours not working?
Best Answer
0 Votes

hey, mine just worked at soon as i completed the set up procedures.  I didnt tweak anything.. just worked where the S5 didnt!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have inconsistent issues. My last fitbit blew up when I moved to Samsung 9 from Samsung 7. However someone else mentioned a fitbit notification app that works OK, but the damage was already done to mine. I bought another one and hoping it works

Best Answer
0 Votes