Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 CPU overheating from using Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have had fitbit for a while now, I had a charge 2 before the versa and the charge 2 didn't effect my phone at all. But since I've upgraded to the versa my phone is getting ridiculously hot and the issue is from the fitbit app. I didn't have this issue with the charge 2. Please help as I liked to use the app and the fitbit properly! 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@BinqDesignYou will also find you have excessive background data usage.. I have just peaked at 39% of my mobile data usage for the Fitbit App 2.74.... and all of this started about 2 weeks ago.

Go into the Android Settings, Network & Internet, Data usage, Mobile data usage..... and there it is.... top of the list for me...

@BinqDesign wrote:

Hi,

I have had fitbit for a while now, I had a charge 2 before the versa and the charge 2 didn't effect my phone at all. But since I've upgraded to the versa my phone is getting ridiculously hot and the issue is from the fitbit app. I didn't have this issue with the charge 2. Please help as I liked to use the app and the fitbit properly! 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I have been having this same issue for the past few days as well.

Best Answer

same thing here with an s8 and a ionic... phone overheat always and battery drain is just unbelievable... I've tried also to restore my phone and data but for now I uninstalled the Fitbit app and of course, my phone is working normally. really incredible Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I have posted in the Ionic forum  in this link

But ironically my battery on the Sony was doing everything you have mentioned on App V2.73, I upgraded to V2.74 a few days ago and the battery heating/drainage stopped.. I'm now on V2.74.1 and monitoring that for data usage..

@matteo.dream wrote:

same thing here with an s8 and a ionic... phone overheat always and battery drain is just unbelievable... I've tried also to restore my phone and data but for now I uninstalled the Fitbit app and of course, my phone is working normally. really incredible Fitbit. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I have an S7 and I was having the same problem. Then the Versa started acting up and saying I was actively exercising for over 300 minutes a day.  The Versa was also resetting constantly and the battery was draining. I had the last straw today when I had it on my arm and it starting spontaneously overheating my arm.  I instantly took it off. Fitbit says it will send me another.  I have had Fitbits forever and I do not want to give up, but I was allergic to the Alta and I hope that I can tolerate the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes