Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9+ "guessing" steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my S9+ and I don't have any problems syncing my Charge 2, however I've noticed my app seems to update my step total throughout the day, without me being connected by Bluetooth.

I've been checking my settings like a paranoid rabbit as I've no idea where it's getting its figures from - definitely not connected to anything. Has anyone else come across this? I usually only sync twice a day (once in the morning to get my sleep figures and then just before bed to update my steps) so it's weird to see the figures update throughout the day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Your Charge 2 may be syncing to a computer without you knowing about it. If it comes within bluetooth range of a computer that's running the fitbit connect and has the fitbit wireless dongle in place then it will sync. It doesn't have to be your PC or dongle.

I've seen posts where this happened when a colleague was a fellow fitbit user.

Best Answer

Hello - thanks for your reply and it's a good thought but I don't think that's it. 

I did an experiment where I held my phone and walked with it with the sync definitely off and it updated my steps in real time like it was looking at an internal pedometer. It doesn't match up to my actual fit bit (probably because I don't always have my phone on me when I walk) very weird. 

Best Answer
0 Votes