Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi, I've just purchased the Alta but to my disappointment can't connect my Samsung galaxy s7 for the notification. Does anyone know if an update is due out?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you around the Community @Mckenzie600Woman Very Happy Our team still testing the compatibility of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. You can check our list of Compatible Devices to see which phones are compatible with Fitbit trackers. In the meantime, I recommend syncing your tracker with a computer or another compatible device.

Some trackers could sync with the phones but at the moment of experience any inconvenience is normal, since these phones are not compatible we don't guarantee their functionality with the Fitbit trackers.

Are you trying to set up your Blaze, update the Firmware, or update your Fitbit app?

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Do you get any errors, many people here havehad no problems connecting, three of my friends with S7's had no issues.

Well one of them already had the tracker setup before getting the S7.

My question is what step does it fail?

First thought, you are using the fitbit app.

Does the app find the tracker?

Is a code displayed on the tracker?

Are you able to put the code into the app?

Best Answer
Im in the same boat. I have the s7 and it won't sync the texts, calls, etc. Doesn't list it as a compatible device yet. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung S4 is still running Android Lollipop (5.0.1) but just recently I had a sync problem and discovered that I had to turn on Location Settings in order to sync.

Perhaps you can give it a try and let us know if it works.

I posted a request to update the Fitbit Help pages with this info. Please discuss and support the request here: fitbit.link/29pe82W

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you go into.ypur fit app on your phone to device and you have to turn on the notifications in the app. I have a Samsung s7 as well and just my blaze yesterday. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
In the dashboard click on the 3 lines go down to devices. Click on the blaze and then you will see the notifications that you can turn on. Click save or done and you will start getting the notifications on your blaze from your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You also need to, if you haven't, enable show on lock screen under the phones Sounds and Notifacations settings. Also make sure it is turned on, on the blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Blaze worked with my Samsung Galaxy S7 active intermittently for text and call notifcations, and rarely for music control, until last week, when it stopped altogether. I've tried all of the resets, button pushing standing on my head spinning in circles tapping my heels intoning "Alhomora" but nothing happens, except my dogs look at me like swallowed a live goldfish. I absolutely love my Blaze. The Galaxy? Not so much. Before I return it to the stoee (incurring whatever penalties are currently en vogue with AT&T), I'd like to know if there is an end in sight?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @Kirsty22 @Hbdolash @geeruff @Amanda1978 @Lorimick, I'm glad to see y'll around Smiley Very Happy! Thanks for helping out @Rich_Laue, you rock!

Hey @geeruff if you have the S4, I'd recommend following the suggestions that @waynecz shares in this post. They have helped many friends in the Community. 

On the other hand and for the rest of you, please follow what my friend @ErickFitbit recommends here

Good luck, keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
My galaxy S7 will not update my blaze fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the Community @Mckenzie600Woman Very Happy Our team still testing the compatibility of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. You can check our list of Compatible Devices to see which phones are compatible with Fitbit trackers. In the meantime, I recommend syncing your tracker with a computer or another compatible device.

Some trackers could sync with the phones but at the moment of experience any inconvenience is normal, since these phones are not compatible we don't guarantee their functionality with the Fitbit trackers.

Are you trying to set up your Blaze, update the Firmware, or update your Fitbit app?

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I bought a Charge HR and the selling point was the notification on my wrist that my phone was ringing in my bag, which previously I wouldn't have realised. However, I've just upgraded my phone to a Samsung S7 and it just isn't working th same. Not only does it not let me know when contacts are calling me, it doesn't sync correctly and sometimes not at all. Most disappointed and would not have bought the Fitbit had I realised there was a limited compatible device list. Any ideas when / if the S7 will be on the compatible list?

Best Answer
With the last update, have had major problems syncing and updating. Neither can actually be done - at all! Tried all the troubleshooting i could find online, finally gave in and contacted fitbit support where i have been informed that my phone the Samsung S7, isn't compatible with the app. Hence, the problem. Apparently it's being "worked" on. No idea when i can start syncing again, given up! Perhaps its time to try another brand.
Best Answer
Yeah, good luck with that. I'm waiting for it to be compatible with my S7 Active too

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @lizardchill@GujjuDoesSteps@LorimickMan Tongue There is no official date of when this phone will be added to the list. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

In the mean time if you have problems with it, you can always sync with a computer. 

See you around. Cat Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes