Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up two Fitbit Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Alta - the fitbit app was only on my phone and under my email address, but my fitbit was visible to bluetooth on my wife's phone (Samsung J3).

My wife now has a Fitbit Alta. She has installed the Fitbit app from Google playstore and wants to set up her own account under her own email address. The fitbit set-up part of the app on her phone is telling her that she already has an account. Eventually, my wife appeared to have a Fitbit account under her own email address

I unpaired the bluetooth entry "Alta" on my wife's phone. I moved my Alta away by about 4 metres and placed my wife's Alta next to the Samsung J3. The result was that the data that appeared on the phone referred to my Fitbit, and there were two entries for "Alta" in the bluetooth set up.

My wife's Alta is showing only "fitbit.com/setup".

Any help would be appreciated, even suggestions about my getting in the car with my fitbit and driving away by a few miles.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @PaulQ86.

Thanks for sharing your experience and everything that you have already tried.

It is possible that at some point your wife created a Fitbit account, maybe by accident. If you'd like to take a closer look into that or maybe delete that account let me know.

As for the Bluetooth showing 2 different Alta, it would be because, even if not paired, the Bluetooth on her phone can find both of their Bluetooth signals and thus recognizes them both.

If possible I would get your Alta outside of the house. Leaving it in your car should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Many thanks for the response.

I unpaired both fitbits from her phone;

switched my phone off;

removed my fitbit dongle and took it and my fitbit to the car;

uninstalled the app on my wife's phone;

removed her fitbit dongle;

reinstalled the app on her phone;

reinstalled her dongle;

Paired her fitbit,

Had her go through the setup (most of it was already there) 

and

"Lo! A miracle occurred!".

I then retrieved my fitbit from the car

replaced my dongle and

switched on my phone.and mine was working too.

I will leave it a little while before trying to link one with the other and both with the dog's "fitbark."

Best Answer

Hello  @PaulQ86

Glad to read that everything is working correctly now! 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes