Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutting off the Fitbit application icon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used the Fitbit Android application to update the watch and now the application icon is always on in the upper left hand side of the screen.  And there is always a notification line telling when the last sync was performed.  I really don't care to use the application, just wanted to keep the software updated.  Is there a way to shut of the application without uninstalling it?

I primarily use the watch as a watch, not a watchdog tracking my moves, paying bills, coaching, etc. .  I am not really looking to use it.  Can it be shut off until I want to use it again?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @dejay11

I use Android, too. It might be best to just log off until you decide you need to sync or check your stats.

Let us know if that helps you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I appreciate that.  But, that's the first thing I tried and the icon is still in the upper left corner of my phone screen.  When I pull the slider down, it shows the time and date of the last syncing.  The icon stays there and I can't swipe if off the screen either.  Frustrating because I have other icons in that spot I would rather look at... temperature, email notifications, etc. .

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this application on the phones notification panel? 

Have you checked to see if the Fitbit app is updated? 

I think your referencing the Fitbit notification in the phones notification panel. 

Best Answer

Have you turned off the Keep-Alive Widget, as well as the Always Connected?

Best Answer

Hi Rich, this is my 2nd Iconic.  I just sent the first one in for warranty support, would not charge or turn on.  They sent a replacement watch, I think it's a refurbished watch.  Either way, I removed the old one from our account and added the new watch and then updated to the newer software.

With the first watch, I never synced it to or added the application to the android phone.  But this time I added the application so I could update that software on the watch.  From that point on, I couldn't close the icon.

I think the work around for me was to just disable the app but "force stop" it.  This way I didn't have to uninstall and can re-enable as needed.  Thanks for the reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Larry, this is my 2nd Iconic.  I just sent the first one in for warranty support, would not charge or turn on.  They sent a replacement watch, I think it's a refurbished watch.  Either way, I removed the old one from our account and added the new watch and then updated to the newer software.

With the first watch, I never synced it to or added the application to the android phone.  But this time I added the application so I could update that software on the watch.  From that point on, I couldn't close the icon.

I think the work around for me was to just disable the app but "force stop" it.  This way I didn't have to uninstall and can re-enable as needed.  Thanks for the reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes