Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Insights stopped working with latest app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,
I noticed recently that the sleep insights feature has entirely disappeared from the app.  This is using the Android version.  I still have the option enabled, and I get sleep stages and everything just fine -- Just that the insights disappeared.  I have looked at prior instances in which people have brought up this issue, and without exception, all responses from support either bring up failure to collect sleep stages (which is not true in my case) or failure to enable the option in the app (which is also not true in my case).

Interestingly, I also tried it out with an older (also Android) device that was still using an older version of the app, and I was still getting the sleep insights on that device...  but after that device auto-updated to the latest version of the app, it too entirely stopped displaying sleep insights.  Has this feature just been discontinued and somebody kept the option around?

- Parashar K.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey @PKChari, awesome to see new friends in the Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! My apologies for the late response. I saw your sleep insight is not longer visible in your app after the latest update.

This feature still is available and has not been discontinued. I appreciate you have mentioned that you already looked for more information on this subject. 

This feature works while the more sleep you log, the more insights you’ll receive. However you may not receive a new insight each day. Now if insight has not been displayed in a while, perhaps turning Off and On the option will reset the feature.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the gear in the top right.
  3. Find the option to turn off sleep insights.

If the issue persists, you can try also to reset the cache of the app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you around and hope this helps

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes