Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep info shown in 24 hour format

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even though my android app is set to 12 hour clock - the time on my device insists on listing my sleep info in 24 hour instead so bedtime was 22:20 and wake up 07:45. I have tried restarting the app and my device aka phone. I also checked to ensure that my info on fitbit.com concurred and also had the 12 hour clock. Somehow when fitbit decided to include the extra information, they managed to make it so it is stuck in 24 not 12. How do I fix that? Any ideas?

Screenshot_20210402-162826.png

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@PatStubbs   I am moving your post to the Android app forum.  You are describing an all display issue.  I think you will get more help in the app forum.

A question.  Does this only happen in those sleep details or do you see it in other detail screens, like heart rate or exercise? 

I am an iPhone user and normally use a 24 hour clock.  When I change to a 12 hour clock, all my detailed graphs still show a 24 hour clock.  When I searched for Fitbit app images, some showed an AM/PM display.  I have never seen AM/PM displays, but have never set a 12 hour clock on my Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hey did you find a solution for this? I am having the same exact issue. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Only on main screen.

Best Answer

That's where mine is too and it did not change when I went from a charge 3 to versa 2

Sorry I just now saw this, I only have this problem, when I'm viewing sleep and it changed across devices meaning it definitely is a programming issue not a device issue. When I first posted this I had a charge 3 and now a versa 2

Best Answer

Hello everybody. 

@LZeeW Thanks for your help. @S_Moroney @PaolaCernada @PatStubbs Welcome back to the forums. 

Let me get this right. The 24 hour format started showing when you set up your Versa 2. With the Charge 3, sleep details were shown according to the settings. Correct? The details are still shown on 24h format to this date, right? Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. 

When you say it changed across devices, do you mean that you opened the Fitbit app on another smartphone, logged into your account and on this device the time was correctly displayed? Or the fact that the time was correctly shown while the Charge 3 was set up and now with the Versa 2 it will not? I must admit that I use 24h format only. I will change this today and check if it works with my current Versa. I also use the Charge 2. I will be checking my next sleep log. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20211210-142608.png

My Fitbit app is up to date it shows only my current versa 2 and not my previous charge 3. The app is up to date according to Google Play store

Best Answer

@PatStubbs Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. When you say it changed across devices, do you mean that you opened the Fitbit app on another smartphone, logged into your account and on this device the time was correctly displayed? Thanks in advance. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I mean I formerly had a charge 3 device and now I have versa 2 device. When I added the new device the phone app continued to display 24 hour clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PatStubbs Thanks for getting back to me and excuse the delayed response. You wrote that the Fitbit app continued to display 24 hour clock when you changed to the Versa 2. Does that mean that the Fitbit app has always shown the sleep details in 24h format, even with the Charge 3? Regardless, it seems that the sleep details shown in the tile overview cannot be changed. I also received a 24h format sleep details, even though my settings are set to a 12h format. I was not able to find another setting to change the time format shown on the sleep tile specifically.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does this as well.

Interestingly, on my iPad (same FitBit device - Sense) it shows my sleep data on the dashboard in 12 hour format like it should. Seems like this is an android app bug.

Best Answer

A developer really needs to be made aware of this 12 vs 24 hour sleep clock issue! A simple Google search shows that this question has been asked multiple times on this forum with no resolution. Fitbit can do better.

Best Answer

Looks like it's been a year at least of this issue being reported without progress

I can add that when I originally set up my new Charge 5, the app was showing sleep reports in 12-hour clock.  It randomly changed to a 24-hour clock for sleep reports, and restarting the phone, resetting the Charge 5, triple checking my profile settings for clock, nothing fixes it. My charge 5 does show a 12-hour clock face for telling time, though.

Best Answer